mism's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 31st, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Search TV Listings by Channel

I recently 'upgraded' from the Legacy cable boxes to X1. I can't find how to search "TV Listings By Channel".

With Legacy, I could see a hours of upcoming programming on a channel, and then click the right or left button and see hours of upcoming programming on the next channels - by clicking one button. It was so easy and user friendly.

The only way I can figure out how to do it on X1 is to select each channel, see the line-up, and then go back and select another channel. It would take hours to do what previously took seconds. Is there a way to do this on X1 that I'm not seeing? Thanks! 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

I also just changed, and this is the closest I can find.

While watching TV, hit the right arrow to pop up the mini channel list. Find the channel you want, then hit right-arrow to get a vertical listing. Hit left-arrow to go back to the channel list.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mism wrote:

I recently 'upgraded' from the Legacy cable boxes to X1. I can't find how to search "TV Listings By Channel".

With Legacy, I could see a hours of upcoming programming on a channel, and then click the right or left button and see hours of upcoming programming on the next channels - by clicking one button. It was so easy and user friendly.

The only way I can figure out how to do it on X1 is to select each channel, see the line-up, and then go back and select another channel. It would take hours to do what previously took seconds. Is there a way to do this on X1 that I'm not seeing? Thanks! 

mini-guide is available while watching programming. press the right button. navigate to a channel and press right again. is that what you are looking for?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I want to see multiple channels with one click, like with the old Legacy boxes. I want to display "TV Listing by Channel", see one full channel line-up, and then click the right or left arrow, see the whole line-up for the next channel. I appreciate what you're saying, but the old way was SO much easier and more convenient. I want to quickly scroll through hours of all the channels to see what's coming up. If there's a way to do that, I'd by one happy camper! 😉 Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, you will need to do a lost of left/right/up/down arrows to move channel to channel. And the listing are a bit squished and no quick pop-up of the description in the top-left window like in iGuide. With X1, you can hit OK or right-arrow to get a description of the show the cursor is on, then left arrow or back to return to the verical list.

There are some other annoying things with X1's guide that I miss from iGuide:

While going through scheduled recordings, I could hit Guide on a show and it would jump to the guide with that show highlighted, and I could look around to see what else was on around that time and channel. Nothing like that in X1.

While in the guide, looking ahead in date/time, I could type in a channel number and it would jump to that channel. With X1, doing that will return the guide to the current date/time.

In the scheduled recording list, if I look at the full description of a show, then back up with the last key, it goes back to the little bar on top with the sort/priority options highlighted instead of the show I just backed out of. If you hit down arrow, then it jumps to that show.

I don't see any way to see a list of the series scheduled shows, other than the priority list (which adds new shows as #1 prioity instead of last), and that just lets you alter the priority. No way to see all my series shows, or possibly even to remove a 'dead' show that is not listed anywhere in the guide or OnDemand.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Delete old shows from the priority list and rearrange what’s the priority
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-manage-the-priority-of-a-program
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here