scosi's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Screen Freezes

My screen freezes lately while watching the boxing matches on ESPN. Also notice screen freezing/jumping when watching USA Network. Have had the problem off and on since coming back to Comcast last year. Had someone come out to check teh lines a few months ago and no problem found.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@scosi wrote:

My screen freezes lately while watching the boxing matches on ESPN. Also notice screen freezing/jumping when watching USA Network. Have had the problem off and on since coming back to Comcast last year. Had someone come out to check teh lines a few months ago and no problem found.

do you have other set top boxes that have the same problem at the same time? what you describe is low signal/high noise levels and if you have checked to be sure the coax cable connections are tight you will need to arrange for a tech visit. they can check the signal outside of your home and fix the issue if it is before your home's wiring.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I've been having the same screen freezing issues with USA.  Every couple of minutes there will be a slight audio glitch, and then 2 seconds later the screen freezes for about 3 seconds, while the audio continues.  Extremely annoying!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@j63a wrote:

I've been having the same screen freezing issues with USA.  Every couple of minutes there will be a slight audio glitch, and then 2 seconds later the screen freezes for about 3 seconds, while the audio continues.  Extremely annoying!

do you have more than one set top box? if so, do both have the same problem?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, we have 2 boxes & both are doing the same thing.  I tightened all the cables, but it still continues.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@j63a wrote:

Yes, we have 2 boxes & both are doing the same thing.  I tightened all the cables, but it still continues.

time to set up a service call. they may only be able to access the outside cable due to pandemic. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here