Community Forum

Screen Freezes

Highlighted
New Poster

Screen Freezes

My screen freezes lately while watching the boxing matches on ESPN. Also notice screen freezing/jumping when watching USA Network. Have had the problem off and on since coming back to Comcast last year. Had someone come out to check teh lines a few months ago and no problem found.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Screen Freezes

@scosi wrote:

My screen freezes lately while watching the boxing matches on ESPN. Also notice screen freezing/jumping when watching USA Network. Have had the problem off and on since coming back to Comcast last year. Had someone come out to check teh lines a few months ago and no problem found.

do you have other set top boxes that have the same problem at the same time? what you describe is low signal/high noise levels and if you have checked to be sure the coax cable connections are tight you will need to arrange for a tech visit. they can check the signal outside of your home and fix the issue if it is before your home's wiring.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I've been having the same screen freezing issues with USA.  Every couple of minutes there will be a slight audio glitch, and then 2 seconds later the screen freezes for about 3 seconds, while the audio continues.  Extremely annoying!

Highlighted
Expert

@j63a wrote:

I've been having the same screen freezing issues with USA.  Every couple of minutes there will be a slight audio glitch, and then 2 seconds later the screen freezes for about 3 seconds, while the audio continues.  Extremely annoying!

do you have more than one set top box? if so, do both have the same problem?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, we have 2 boxes & both are doing the same thing.  I tightened all the cables, but it still continues.

Highlighted
Expert

@j63a wrote:

Yes, we have 2 boxes & both are doing the same thing.  I tightened all the cables, but it still continues.

time to set up a service call. they may only be able to access the outside cable due to pandemic.