Community Forum

Saving favorite channel saves wrong channel

DigitalGENOcyde
Regular Contributor

Saving favorite channel saves wrong channel

Weirdest thing keeps happening. I’m trying to save EPIX (channel 754 for me) as a favorite. But what’s happening is instead of showing the HD version of the channel in the favorites guide it actually keeps showing the SD version of EPIX (channel 243 for me). If I go into all HD channels it does show that the HD version is favorited but yet doesn’t show up in the favorites guide.
RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Saving favorite channel saves wrong channel

Is this the only channel that exhibits this behaviour?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
DigitalGENOcyde
Regular Contributor

Yes it’s the only channel. I’ve done this same process for other channels that have both HD and SD versions but only this one refuses to show proper favorite in favorites guide.
RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
Yes it’s the only channel. I’ve done this same process for other channels that have both HD and SD versions but only this one refuses to show proper favorite in favorites guide.

How are you choosing Favorites in the X1 box?  

"There are two ways to get to the guide: 1) press Guide twice and 2) press Xfinity, select Guide in the cross-bar and press OK. Add (Delete) a Favorite: "

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
DigitalGENOcyde
Regular Contributor

“ How are you choosing Favorites in the X1 box?”

If you mean how am I adding favorites then you arrow all the way over left till your in channel name, select and an info bar appears at bottom of screen and you click favorite.
RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
“ How are you choosing Favorites in the X1 box?”

If you mean how am I adding favorites then you arrow all the way over left till your in channel name, select and an info bar appears at bottom of screen and you click favorite.

I tried some things yesterday and I noticed my "settings" had changed.

Turn to a channel and watch it.  Then press the Guide button TWICE and what do you see?

Mine is not what I thought I had it set for.