Community Forum

Satellite TV boxes

TGC1
New Poster

Satellite TV boxes

We have the Xfinity X1 system.  The replay function on some of our satellite TV boxes is malfunctioning.  These boxes will hold around the last 20 minutes of TV programming, but when I rewind and try to play it, it will play for a while, but then will jump to live TV.  If I then try to pause or rewind, I get a message that this box does not support the function, and I have to re-boot the box.  It will then work properly for a while, but then this problem repeats.  What can I do to fix this?  Is it related to cloud DVR ? Help please.

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Satellite TV boxes

@TGC1 wrote:

We have the Xfinity X1 system.  The replay function on some of our satellite TV boxes is malfunctioning.  These boxes will hold around the last 20 minutes of TV programming, but when I rewind and try to play it, it will play for a while, but then will jump to live TV.  If I then try to pause or rewind, I get a message that this box does not support the function, and I have to re-boot the box.  It will then work properly for a while, but then this problem repeats.  What can I do to fix this?  Is it related to cloud DVR ? Help please.

there is a memory card in the unit and what you describe is loss of ability to use that card. swap the box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
TGC1
New Poster

Thanks for reply, but I have already swapped the box, and the problem persists!

Rustyben
Expert

are you watching the numbered cable TV channels in your subscription when this does not work? for example go to your local NBC channel and watch for 20 minutes and then rewind and watch - does that work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
TGC1
New Poster

it happens with local broadcast stations, as well as others.