Community Forum

SCREENSAVER

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SCREENSAVER

When will I be able to Disable the Annoying Screensaver?  😡 

I have always left my TV on for my pets to keep their anxiety attacks under control when they are home alone. Since the screensaver was added with no way  to disable it I have beem force to put my 2 mature dogs on meditation for anxiety. Which may I add is rather expensive. If I can't disable the screenaver soon I will be forced to change my serive to justify the cost of the prescription. Comcast you should never add a service without giving your customers the choice to use it or disable it. Forcing us to use something we don't like  is not right !!!!!! 😵😫😡😠  

Signed , A Very Unhappy Customer!!!!!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: SCREENSAVER

Screensaver has been with X1 since it rolled out 10 or so years ago, Comcast doesn’t want responsibility of having your tv have a burned in image so I doubt you’ll ever see it disabled. You could either go to legacy boxes or use a a Roku with the Xfinity Stream app

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

adding.... the Harmony Hub and more expensive new models include custom time-events. you could set a timer to press for example the Xfinity button then exit restarting the timer. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Shouldn't that be left up to the owner of the Television Not  Comcast.