Community Forum

Remote Pairing

stickman3624
Regular Visitor

Remote Pairing

Is it possible to pair, either an XR11 or XR15 remote, to two boxes? I recently returned a DTA that had failed. I also returned the XR11 remote, bad move. The new DTA came with an XR15 remote. I can't get it to pair with both my set-top and the DTA, only one at a time. The old remote did both.

is there a by-pass code I cna use for both boxes?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Remote Pairing

@stickman3624 wrote:

Is it possible to pair, either an XR11 or XR15 remote, to two boxes? I recently returned a DTA that had failed. I also returned the XR11 remote, bad move. The new DTA came with an XR15 remote. I can't get it to pair with both my set-top and the DTA, only one at a time. The old remote did both.

is there a by-pass code I cna use for both boxes?

once an xr11/15 is rf paired to a set top box it does not/will not control another x1 set top box. you can have more than one xr11/15 paired to the same settop box.  the 'DTA' has a model number? to date DTAs have an xr2 remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!