Reminders.jpg

ABC 7 is channel 431

NHK Newsline is channel 441

My Comcast comes out of Sarasota, Fl, my zipcode 34238

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Reminders not working

The view (abc).11 am est

tmz.(fox29 ) Daily at 3pm est. & 7:30 pm est. 

Curse of oak.island weekly (discovery)Tuesday at 8 & 9 pm

All these are set weekly & or daily

There are many more & none work 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@hifi459 and @rfb  Perfect, thanks for the examples. This is just what the team needed.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For me, this has been a problem independent of channel or program for which I set a reminder,i.e. it can happen for any channel or program that I might watch; recent examples: ch 4 (ABC, e.g., For Life), ch 5 (NBC e.g., Chicago Med), ch 7(CBS, e.g., NCIS), ch 9 (PBS; e.g. Belgravia), Showtime (e.g., Homeland), USA (e.g., Better Call Saul), Hallmark (e.g., When Calls the Heart), etc.  Initially, I thought it might have something to do with setting reminders for future days and then powering down at night (now called "sleep" mode) somehow causing memory loss.  I tried just setting a reminder for a show later in the same day (without turning off the set-top/TV) and that seemed to work some of the time, but still not consistently.  I have been using reminders for years (or whenever they first became available) and did not have a problem until last week when I think I got the latest X1 update which, for me, is Release 112.0.2 which is timestamped 04/09/20 2:32 PM and is paired with XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0.   If it matters, I am in the Seattle, WA area Comcast system.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i was chatting online with tech support and advanced tech support.  to answer your question, NO, no one from xf reads these.  the best we can do is flood tech support (chat & phone) with problem tickets.  i was told they've gotten "some" complaints about "Reminders" but not enough to sound an alert to programmers.

Highlighted
Contributor

same circumstances as those of @mike8020 . Ive even set a ramdom reminder for an upcoming show to test if it works & that shows reminder doesn't pop up when scheduled. I'll add the problem is constant regardlesd of the show, (individual or series) or day or time of the week or weekly .

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same symptoms as mike8020 post @ 04-14-2020 04:23 PM

Release 112.0.2
Release Timestamp 04/09/20 5:32 PM (located in Maryland)
XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0.
STB Timestamp Fri 03 Apr 2020 10:55:03 PM UTC
STB Version AX014AN_4.0p8s4_PROD_sey

Highlighted
Official Employee

@reb177  - am reading these and the right teams are involved, thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@taconix got it , thanks and thanks for your patience 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastTeds  THANK YOU!

Highlighted
New Poster

My program reminders haven't been working for 2 weeks, now.  Doesn't matter what channel, program or time of day/night.  Would really like this fixed.

Highlighted
New Poster

same

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I’ve had the same problem. I talked to an agent last night and she said both of my TVs are broken!!!!! She didn’t have a clue. Sometimes you have to call several times to get someone who knows what you’re talking about!
Highlighted
Contributor

It's in good hands now @ComcastTeds  is on it & assures us the tech department is working on it. It might take a while so be patient 

Highlighted
New Poster

I have reminders set (that are not working) for NCIS, McGyver, The Rookie, Vagrant Queen, Almost Paradise, and others.  None of the reminders are popping up on any of our 4 tv's.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am on my third box in a little over a year, and the reminders work sporadically at best, although in the last couple weeks they hardly show up at all, and series reminders never show up. All three boxes have the same problems., all exchanging them did for me was cause me lose my recordings. These boxes are garbage,  and it's more than just reminders not working.

Highlighted
New Poster

My reminders aren't working on both TV, too.  They stopped about a week or two ago.  My release timestamp on both boxes is 03/06/20.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Been having the same problem for a few weeks now.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@bbbp Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of and are working on this issue. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@SeasonalUser Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of and who are working on this issue. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@klk2 Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of this and who are working on this issue. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Joedeca20 Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of this and who are working on this issue.

What other issues are you having with the boxes?  

Highlighted
Official Employee

@gdav Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of this and who are working on this issue. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you!  I wanted to pass along a couple other items on this that I noticed:

• My Release Timestamp differs from otheres, it is 04/01/20 2:14PM
  • My Release Version differs from others, 111.1.1
  • Per Xfinity instructions, if we go to Schedule, there should be a Reminder option but there isn't, it only contains Recording information, nothing around Reminders.

Again thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Trigger7 Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of this and who are working on this issue. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks ComcastTeds as one of the original posters it is greatly appreciated that the Comcast technical team is researching this issue to code a fix. 👍
Highlighted
Contributor

I just wanted to add my name to the list of those having problems with reminders.  I look forward to the solution.  Thanks

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Fred46  got it - when this gets fixed (likely a software or firmware issue on our end) the correction will get pushed to all X1 boxes and customers . I have asked the product and engineering team to keep me updated on their investigation and solution timing. 

Thanks all for your continued patience and thanks for raising this issue here.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same version. Not working.
Other complaints/suggestions: whose idea was it to display the reminder in the middle of the screen instead of discreetly maybe at the bottom corner like the older non x1 DVRs. Also the reminders in the non x1 boxes remained active until the end of the program. These are deleted immediately from the list. So if you accidentally dismiss it you can't remember what it was and you can't get back to it. Is Comcast aware of these problems? How do we get them fixed?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having the same problem.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Jefalaska Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of this and who are working on this issue. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Bhs1 Apologies and thanks for your patience. We have the right teams involved who are aware of this and who are working on this issue. 

I've also shared your feedback directly with te product and engineering teams. Thanks for taking the time to post that. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastTeds 

FYI, my reminders were working yesterday (1 day) but are failing again today.
Highlighted
Official Employee

All -Apologies again and thanks for your continued patience.  I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below: 

Our engineering team is aware of and is working on this issue with Reminders. 

High level,  the identified problem is essentially that our architecture is currently no longer optimized for the amount of reminders that are being added (we’ve seen a large increase in reminders over the years). As a result, a handful of reminders are being dropped.

A customer with a large amount of reminders is much more likely to experience random drops because of it.

Our team is currently working on updating our infrastructure to better optimize against the large load and are looking at around a month out before the changes will be deployed.

The team had this prioritized earlier, but unfortunately, because of COVID, the timeline had been pushed to accommodate more pressing issues. 

Marking this post as Best Answer for now , will update as more information and timing for the fix becomes available.  

Updated 4/28/2020 below: 

Thanks all for your patience while the team worked this issue. 

Glad to hear and see that the experience has improved. We’ve started rolling out the update about 2 weeks ago and are looking to finish next week so some areas are likely feeling the improved performance already.

We’ll be monitoring our networks to make sure everything continues to roll out smoothly.

Thanks again for your patience and persistence. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same here.  Can only set recordings.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm glad that the problem is not only mine. The same thing occurred a couple of years ago. Some reminders work and some do not. It took them weeks to have it fixed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Mine stopped working a week ago. I went through online diagnostics reset all the reminders again and they are still not working.

Highlighted
New Poster

did this and it still doesnt work

Highlighted
New Poster

all of them are not working but i have abc national news reminder (6:00 pm est). channel 804 in my area

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Reminders

Some of mine are not working, I.e., Jeapordy

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks ComcastTeds for the detailed response because I thought it was not software related since it occurred multiple weeks after the March release and was occurring on both the March and April software release.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have daily reminders for Magnum PI at 3, 4, 5 and 6 PM on channel 468 which is the Hallmark Channel here in West Palm Beach.  I also have a reminder for Judge Judy at 5 PM on channel 435 which is CW.  Also on 435 CW I have Judge Mathis at 10 AM and The Peoples Court at 11 AM.  None of them have worked for well over a week.  I've gone to the program guide and canceled the reminders and than set new reminders and nothing works

Highlighted
Contributor

Having exact same problem at my place, also for about a week now.  Someone messed something up royally with an update or backend change in the systems.   No reminders go off, I keep missing shows I wanted to see which is kind of the whole point.  Most of them are not available "on demand"  such as sporting events, movies on many channels, older television series.  90% of  single "one time" reminder do not pop up for any channel, any show during the daytime.  An odd 10% does, but they seem to be sporadic and no clear pattern.    Long term reminders will pop up, but not always.  

Before you ask, no these are not your internet based channels.

On a side note, why don't reminders appear on the Stream app as well through the cloud?  Often Stream will be functioning correctly when the X1 box has problems.

I have noticed a trend to front loading data on our boxes by developers which disrupts services if storage space is not available here.  This is a bad idea if the box is not set up and divided proportionally for this task, and customers are competing for the same space with their own data such as a DVR recording for example.  It's time for the next box with more advanced design, and a re-designed cloud and backend system that was designed upfront as a system of systems, not connected pieceparts developed by completely separate teams with separate objectives.   (I also suspect sustaining and new development are separated by a wide gulf, which is not a best practice under CMMI and other high reliability guidelines)

Highlighted
New Poster

Mine started doing today, not reminding of program
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this problem also now for onr week. I have done all the troubleshooting, soft boot and a full hard boot plus customer service. Nothing has worked. It is difficult to get help giving that almost all programs start and end on the 1/2 or top of the hour. This has to be a system issue since I am seeing Many customers having the identical problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

I just tried to do a restart, it's not working either
Highlighted
Contributor

Support has identified the issue which has nothing to do with your box or software. They have indicated it may take a month to address it.
Highlighted
New Poster

I got a new box & still doesn't remind... will work once after refresh but then that's it... 

Highlighted
New Poster

reminders

reminder not working anymore