Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My recordings are missing (even the recordings from yesterday morning 1/25/2019.). Every recording in the last 10 days has disappeared. This is unacceptable. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Recently I’m receiving error messages that tell me there was ‘an issue with recordings, but we found a free version to watch OnDemand’ What is up with this new issue? So far I have had to watch several shows I recorded OnDemand which can be very inconvenient! For instance, I only want to watch a portion of a recording but FF is unavailable! Or I’ve had instances where I was forced to restart a program and can’t FF where I left off. Very annoying! What’s the point of paying for the DVR Services if I can’t use it the way I like to?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

NOT IF THE CABLE IS OUT!!!
Amazing that TiVo can do it and Comcast can't.
If the box knows whether to pull the recordings from the hdd or the cloud then it seems it could also accept commands from a local remote when necessary, and override the need for a remote server.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Gkoetzner wrote:
Same issue here (CT) and good question.
Also, when there is a total cable outage why can't I play recorded shows? This is not the case with my TiVo.

currently the X1 system requires a remote server to accept commands and that isn't possible when cable is 'out'. however you can use a smart device or desk/laptop computer to watch your channels in home and any recordings on-demand etc.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Aren't programs on X1 box stored on my X1 hdd? If not then the box should be much, much smaller
I don't see why these are 2 different systems. If I have TiVo with a Comcast card, I record Comcast shows and can access them even when the cable is out. I do not believe this is a technology beyong Comcast's ability.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

If the cable is out, there’s no communication back and forth, so a remote server isn’t possible. TIVO, everything is on the hard drive and doesn’t need communication back and forth out to the plant, you’re comparing 2 different systems with 2 different capabilities

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

So write a few lines of code, no connection, disregard need for remote server communication and revert to permission for local hdd playback.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same issue in Denver starting at about a week ago. Really bad the last few days. Contacted Xfinity chat and they claimed it’s a technical issue being worked out and would get back with me & that did not happen. I skeptical also that it’s a scam. What’s worse when we partially watch a show and come back later you can speed through the show but have to watch all the commercials again.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Also inside the DVR is a little modem that communicates back and forth, no cable=no communication, DVR doesn’t work. TiVo doesn’t need that 2 way communication for the DVR to work.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast says this started on Thursday.  Our DVR recordings are actually not on our boxes, but instead on the Comcast servers in the cloud.  The connection between our TVs and the cloud is broken somehow and they are working to fix it.  They are not sure when it will be fixed, but they are working on it and many people are affected.  They say that if you call and report it you will be reimbursed for the time lost being able to use the service.  They will also notify via email when it is fixed if you call them.  The tier one folks mostly are not aware of the problem, I had to go to Tier 2 to get an answer and it took some time - just a heads up....

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have not ben able to play several broadcast recordings on thr X1 DVR. Have been taken to  OnDemand  instead for the episode with no fast forward availability. Did the System Refresh twice and git nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

When will DVR recordings be fixed?  Why are they being replaced by On Demand recordings?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

i am having the same cloud dvr issues, agian. this happened a few days ago now its back. when will cocmcast acknoledge and fix this problem?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

A couple days ago, like some of the posts here, I started to getting a message that my DVR is experiencing issues with playback and redirected me to OnDemand.  Like most people that record shows, I like to fastforward through the commercials.  As everyone knows this option is not available with OnDemand.  

So I called Xfinity support asking if they could help me troubleshoot the problem or exchange my DVR.  They told me that they were aware of the problem and there was no timeline for a fix.  

I felt it was more of a brush-off than a helpful fix.  Has anyone else gotten a different answer from Xfinity?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Perhaps the poster is referring to an “outage” because Comcast support is telling customers that the problem is caused by an outage.  You ought to bite your tongue rather than someone else’s head off when you have no idea what you’re sounding off about.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here