Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

If I go to the right spot, I can literally see their headquarters from my town.  LOL

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I went on chat with Comcast this morning and she tried to tell me it was due to an outage. I tried to tell her that I had live TV but it was if we were speaking different languages......

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

In Michigan and we've been having issues will recordings since Monday. Anything recorded prior to 1/21 works fine, anything between 1/21 and 1/22 was spotty (maybe 10% worked), and since yesterday, nothing works.

Comcast rep said it's a nationwide outage, but she continues to try to fix the issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Customer service stated it is a software problem and they are supposedly working on it . I can't even watch anything.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The only answer i got was that they were aware of the problem and were working overtime to fix

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Such great service

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We have the hard drive dvr and are having the same issues in Georgia. It's on every recording since 1/20.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue here. Was told a new box would fix it, but it didn't.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

everything i recorded wednesday, 1/23/2019, has big stalls and gaps--unwatchable. what went wrong?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, and I do understand that.
Why then, at my home DVR, the machine I recorded the program on, does it show me it's playing a cloud stored recording? It should just play the recorded hdd copy without skips. But it plays the mutilated cloud version instead.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

FYI I just finished up a chat with support. It went like this:

My DVR service is skipping and pausing and making recordings impossible to watch. Some even say they are no longer available and swith me over to OnDemand versions of the recordings. Unacceptable.
Customer 8:48:26 PM

"We are experiencing heavy chat volume, please expect extended wait times"... Comcast is falling apart I see...
Customer 8:54:24 PM

You are now chatting with Anjalika
Thank you for contacting Xfinity Chat Support.  My name is Anjalika.
Anjalika 8:54:29 PM

I apologize for the inconvenience.  Let me help you right away with your cable issue .
Anjalika 8:55:00 PM

Please make sure the  cable box and the  Tv are both on at this moment .
Anjalika 8:56:10 PM

they are.
Customer 8:57:13 PM

System is checking the device status on the account. It will take 2 mins, please stay connected.
Anjalika 8:57:48 PM

According to the Xfinity Community Forum, there is a nationwide cloud dvr service outage that is causing this. People from Sacramento to Boston are all experiencing the same issues.
Customer 8:59:17 PM

Yes, that's correct  , this is due to some upgradation in the features or the firmware  been going  on and these upgradation is about to completely take place now .
Anjalika 9:02:12 PM

Now I  am going to send the refresh signals to the DVR box and will take few moments to proceed.
Anjalika 9:02:40 PM

ok
Customer 9:03:09 PM

The signals are progressing and let me know  if you  notice any changes.\
Anjalika 9:06:16 PM

how? by watching dvr recordings already with issues or by recording new ones to see?
Customer 9:08:17 PM

The refresh signals have  been sent , once the device is powered back on please retry to record the new airing contents .
Anjalika 9:08:50 PM

what about my previous recordings, they cannot be fixed? Lost?
Customer 9:10:07 PM

Please be assured it will be fixed also once try to view the previously recorded contents and  let me know if the issue still persists.
Anjalika 9:10:55 PM

Ok. I'm currently recording two programs and cannot power the device off and on right now. I'll have to do that in about an hour from now.
Customer 9:12:14 PM

I rebooted my box and tried the earlier recording that was unavailable and redirected me to OnDemand - so that was not corrected.

I am viewing a show that I recorded this evening at 8PM and thus far it has not skipped or paused.

I do notice though that there is NO cloud icon next to DVR now when I play the recording.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

It's now 8:19 pm CST, I tried watching last night's recording of Chicago Med, no joy.  Wound up watching it on on demand.  Same thing happened with my recording of Chicago Fire.  It gave up trying to play after a few seconds and decided to just give me the on demand option. 

My recordings always played off the DVR before this week, since the problems started, they've been playing off the cloud.  No option for dvr playback.

So.... are we all getting refunds? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same issue.  It started this morning for me.  I am really hackedb off if this is NATIONWIDE and they really seem to have no idea how to fix it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My live tv is fine. Dvr recorded programs are freezing & skipping. Began yesterday, so got a new X1 box today but made no difference. Checked all connections. I wish Comcast would send a message about what's going on. Comcast online chat wait wad 47 people long. This is not very good service.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Dvr recordings keep freezing when I try to play them only the recordings in the last three days it acts like it’s slow this is third day it’s still not fixed
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here