Community Forum

Recording Programs only in English

Highlighted
New Poster

Recording Programs only in English

We are new (about 4 months) subscribers to xfinity. We have recorded a couple hundred programs to date with no problem. We recorded the inaugural segment of "yellowstone"  this past weekend. We have 5 TV's - 3 smart tv's and 2 otherwise (older and non-smart!). On all the smart TV's the program recorded in Spanish; on the other 2 it recorded in English. Anybody have an explanation for how this may have happened and how it can be avoided in the future?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Recording Programs only in English

Check SAP settings

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recording Programs only in English

adding... the various language streams as available are available to each device. the device (set top box) selects which language to use).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Recording Programs only in English

We had the same issue on Smart TV. Checked SAP and it's English. Anyone find an answer to this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recording Programs only in English


@CC1106 wrote:

We had the same issue on Smart TV. Checked SAP and it's English. Anyone find an answer to this?


if the program listing shows [SAP] then another language is available with SAP. if not, either won't hear spoken word or will be very low-volume primary language. The producer decides what languages to include in the programming.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Recording Programs only in English

I have read the responses about why we are getting Spanish, rather than english, in the recorded versions (2 episodes in new series) of "Yellowstone." Many thanks for the responses but none solve the problem - SAP has been changed to English but still getting Spanish version. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recording Programs only in English


@BillZ66 wrote:

I have read the responses about why we are getting Spanish, rather than english, in the recorded versions (2 episodes in new series) of "Yellowstone." Many thanks for the responses but none solve the problem - SAP has been changed to English but still getting Spanish version. Any other suggestions?


when recorded, it is not recorded in a particular language. the language streams and closed captions streams are recorded along with the video streams. SAP should be toggled off as should the D)) descriptive streams to hear the default language. you can press the down button while playing the recording and toggle the SAP and D)) as needed.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Recording Programs only in English

yes!  I am having that problem with Moviplex . Channel number 149.  This just began happening a month ago.  All other channels record in english.

prior to last month, Moviplex was working fine.  I’m so frustrated.  Had no luck at all with the  Comcast customer service.   I don't think they understand. They just try the useless refresh nonsense.  They go by a script for every issue.   This is unique.   I need help from someone who knows what the heck they're doing.  If you ever get your problem resolved . Please put it out here.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Re: Recording Programs only in English

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recording Programs only in English


@nashvillecat wrote:

yes!  I am having that problem with Moviplex . Channel number 149.  This just began happening a month ago.  All other channels record in english.

prior to last month, Moviplex was working fine.  I’m so frustrated.  Had no luck at all with the  Comcast customer service.   I don't think they understand. They just try the useless refresh nonsense.  They go by a script for every issue.   This is unique.   I need help from someone who knows what the heck they're doing.  If you ever get your problem resolved . Please put it out here.


your TV must be set to SAP or something. the channel is in English. while playing a live channel or a recorded program press down and then left over to SAP and if checked hit the OK button while SAP is selected which will turn off the check mark. do same for the D)) icon. working now? the recordings are not 'in' a language but record all languages and your set top box has the option to listen to normal strream or SAP or D)).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!