Community Forum

Receiver

Highlighted
New Poster

Receiver

I recently signed up for Internet/TV and received 2 receivers.  One is XG2V2-P and the other is XiD-P.  I am unable to set up my soundbar with the XiD-p due to no optical port.  I went to the Comcast store and the man said I cannot get another XG2V2-P receiver unless I have multiple TV's.   Just wondering how to hook p the soundbar without it as my TV does not have HDMI (ARC ).   Why am I not able to get another XG2V2-P ?  Thank you.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Receiver

Can you switch locations with the 2 boxes or do you use optical in both locations?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Highlighted
New Poster

I use optical in both locations.  Would appreciate the other box (XG2V2-P )  As mentioned, The day after I noticed I couldn't use the optical , I went back to Comcast and asked if I could switch boxes and was told no.  I just switched from DISH to Xfinity last week ( 1000 down and 200+ TV Channels ) .  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you Andy---looks promising.

Highlighted
New Poster

Andy,  can you explain the way to hook that up from cable box or tv to the sounbar?  I have no HDMI (ARC ) or Optical input on my TV....only the soundbar.   Thank you.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello John7336. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with getting a replacement box ordered so you can swap your box to a unit that has an optical audio connector. Please send me a private message and include your full name and service address so I can get started.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you .  I phone Comcast and explained the situation.  The lady I spoke with could not understand  why they would not swap boxes at my local service center. Any rate,  she is sending one to me (XG2V2-P ) at an additional cost of $5 monthly.  Thank you very much for our reply.

Case closed.

Highlighted
Expert

adding, is this a very old sound bar? Optical Tos-link cable connections are deprecated older and limited technology.  Do you have the model number and brand of the soundbar?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Vizio SB4051  5.1

Highlighted
Expert

@John7336 wrote:

Vizio SB4051  5.1

your model has an ARC (audio return channel) HDMI connector. try just connecting the set top box to the TV's HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 port. then connect an HDMI cable from the TVs ARC HDMI port to your sound bar's ARC HDMI jack. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.