Community Forum

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

I have an XR2 remote and just got a Samsung Q70R neither the codes nor the 9-9-1 method work. Any ideas? Is there a remote available to replace the XR2 that will work with a Q70R?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem


@Highfive99 wrote:

I have an XR2 remote and just got a Samsung Q70R neither the codes nor the 9-9-1 method work. Any ideas? Is there a remote available to replace the XR2 that will work with a Q70R?  Thanks.


what is the model number of your set top box? is your guide black with white letters or multi-colored guide?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

Issue is resolved. The set top box is a model PR150BNM and the TV is a Samsung Q70R. The code that worked for the XR2 remote is 10702. 

 

It should be noted that the remote that came with the TV can change set top box channels via the channel up and down button but entering  channel numbers to go directly to specific channels is a bit cumbersome on the Samsung remote as it does not have a numeric keypad  as most remotes do. It is done by calling up a virtual keypad on screen. Channel changing also be done via voice command using the remote which I choose not to do.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem


@Highfive99 wrote:

Issue is resolved. The set top box is a model PR150BNM and the TV is a Samsung Q70R. The code that worked for the XR2 remote is 10702. 

 

It should be noted that the remote that came with the TV can change set top box channels via the channel up and down button but entering  channel numbers to go directly to specific channels is a bit cumbersome on the Samsung remote as it does not have a numeric keypad  as most remotes do. It is done by calling up a virtual keypad on screen. Channel changing also be done via voice command using the remote which I choose not to do.


https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

I just bought a Samsung Q90R and upgraded to a 4k STB and now my Samsung TV doesn't recognize it.  What is the device model information to use during setup?  Is it the same as in this answer?  My previous device (DVD) was recognized.  Suggestions?

 

While I don't need to use the Samsung remote as my STB controller - it was a nice capability to have.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem


@rlweiner wrote:

I just bought a Samsung Q90R and upgraded to a 4k STB and now my Samsung TV doesn't recognize it.  What is the device model information to use during setup?  Is it the same as in this answer?  My previous device (DVD) was recognized.  Suggestions?

 

While I don't need to use the Samsung remote as my STB controller - it was a nice capability to have.


if i understand, you want to use the samsung's q90r's remote to control the Xfinity set top box. if you tried the codes for xfinity and no joy, try contacting their tech support to see if they have codes or procedures to try. if you use the xfinity voice remote you get point anywhere service to the set top box and can control your TV's power and your system's sound level.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

Thanks for this information.  I'll contact Comcast to see if they can provide codes.  This worked on my standard HDDVR, but the 4K version did not.  I was hoping the community had a solution.  I'll post again if I can solve this.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem


@rlweiner wrote:

Thanks for this information.  I'll contact Comcast to see if they can provide codes.  This worked on my standard HDDVR, but the 4K version did not.  I was hoping the community had a solution.  I'll post again if I can solve this.


the  4k DVR has a very small directional IR window in lower right. It uses the same IR codes as the non-4K DVR.  put something under the 4K DVR to lift it about 1/4 to 1/2 inch tilted backards. be sure nothing is in between and you are not too far away from the set top box. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

The code that also worked on the XR2 remote for a Samsung Q60T is 10702.     The steps to setup the XR2 with codes include: 

Direct code entry

Note: The programming procedure is the same for TVs and AVRs. If you want to instruct your remote to simultaneously control your TV and AVR, the TV must be programmed in before the AVR.

Step 1: Press and hold the "Setup" button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.

Step 2: Enter the first 5-digit code listed for the TV/AVR manufacturer (e.g., 10702 for Samsung Q60T). The status LED should flash green twice.

Step 3: Press the "TV Power"/"All Power" button on the remote. If the TV/AVR turns off, you have successfully programmed your remote. Turn the TV/AVR back on and press the "VOL+/-" and "Mute" buttons to confirm they control the volume of your device.

Step 4: If the TV/AVR does not turn off or the "VOL+/-" and "Mute" buttons do not work, repeat the steps above using the next code listed for your TV/AVR manufacturer.

Note: To program the new XR15 remotes, press and hold the "Xfinity" and "Mute" buttons together for 5 seconds in step 1, instead of "Setup". The rest of the procedure is the same.