Community Forum

Re: X1 box is stuck on “select your language”

Highlighted
New Poster

Dude...I just sat here for 3 hours practically about to put my foot thru the TV. You have to AIM that remote right at the box. I feel like a tool. Glad I seen this thread!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@KINGTG wrote:
Dude...I just sat here for 3 hours practically about to put my foot thru the TV. You have to AIM that remote right at the box. I feel like a tool. Glad I seen this thread!

That is sometimes an indication the batteries are weak.  Do you know how to check them?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-settings-index

"Remote Settings lets you to see your Xfinity remote control's model number, firmware version and battery level, as well as customize its functionality:

• Remote Set Up and Program: Enable advanced features for your remote, such as the ability to Aim Anywhere.
  • TV and Volume Control: Set up and program your remote with your TV and audio equipment to control its input, volume, etc.
  • Voice Control: Turn the X1 Voice Control feature on or off. For details, see FAQs on the X1 Voice Remote.
  • Voice Remote Tips: View helpful tips on using your Voice Remote.
  • Identify What Type of Remote You Have:
    • Select Xfinity on the remote, then go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Remote Settings. The Model will be displayed at the top center of the page."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!