Community Forum

Re: Volume level changed?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Noelrocks wrote:
I really wish I could figure this out..I never had this issue until I got a newer box

I have this same problem. I just upgraded my X1 box to a 4K box and my sound is lower now than what it used to be. Not by half, but definately lower. Makes you go hmmm..

Highlighted
Expert

@DreamSayerZ wrote:

@Noelrocks wrote:
I really wish I could figure this out..I never had this issue until I got a newer box

I have this same problem. I just upgraded my X1 box to a 4K box and my sound is lower now than what it used to be. Not by half, but definately lower. Makes you go hmmm..

moved reply to a separate thread. The older legacy DVRs had a preamp and adjustable volume. the X1 equipment uses digital audio and is the audio encoded by the production house at the studio. If you put the set top box on Stereo, the volume may be louder. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, DreamSayerZ. Thanks for visiting us here in the Community! Did Rustyben's suggestion happen to work for you at all?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No difference changing to stereo. Was my previous box Model: AX013ANM now legacy? Did not seem that old.