Community Forum

RDK-03117

Highlighted
New Poster

RDK-03117

I have X1 with 3 TVs. One of the small set top boxes rarely works. It almost always says RDK-03117. Support’s “fix” is to send a reset which never works. Gas anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: RDK-03117

Swap locations of the smaller boxes and see if the error follows the box or not

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same issue constantly, but only have one box. I've tried restarting, swapping cables, even plugged the box into the Ethernet instead of using WiFi. Nothing works and customer support hasn't been able to help.
The only info I can find on the error message is this post. Why bother having specific error codes if they don't lead anywhere?
I'm about to get another streaming box that actually works and has more apps.
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue and have not been able to watch TV for about 2 weeks now. I have 2 small boxes and it's doing the same thing on both. Then when the error code isn't showing up, I am not able to change channels so I'm stuck watching whatever channel is on at that time.

Highlighted
Expert

@NFRANCIS wrote:

I am having the same issue and have not been able to watch TV for about 2 weeks now. I have 2 small boxes and it's doing the same thing on both. Then when the error code isn't showing up, I am not able to change channels so I'm stuck watching whatever channel is on at that time.

don't recognize the number. what model number is shown on the bottom of the set top boxes? what is the error message displayed with that error code? do you have X1 set top boxes  and Xfinity internet service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!