Denise_K's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03036

Ok.  I have a DVR and 2 set top boxes.  Last night all three worked fine.  Got up this morning, DVR good, 2 set top boxes have RDK-03036 code.  Had Comcast installed last month, so we’re new customers.  The day equipment was delivered, the tech did not hook up cable outside so a tech actually came into our condo and fixed it even though they originally said no to anyone coming in.

Called today to try and get the two set top boxes fixed.  Phone lady said 20.00 credit and we’ll call when we can come in...Comcast is out here at least once a week, but she argued no.  No visits, too bad for the two TVs.

Did a chat and she offered to send two new boxes.  No, both boxes can’t go bad at exactly the same time.

Does ANYONE know how I can go about fixing these two sets so they could be used?  I’ve refreshed the main DVR and reset both boxes a few times.  Unplugged modem, and hit the WPS button on modem.  Still code RDK-03036.  PLEASE HELP!  I would like to be able to use this service as we’re paying a lot for it, and i believe it should work.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone could provide!  Denise

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @Denise_K! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the two cable boxes. Normally that code has to the with the MoCA connection to the main cable box. I would like to have a look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

4 years ago

I forgot to also mention, this is not a new or recent install or anything.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Michael,

I'm hoping you can help.  I posted on reddit in the Xfinity sub about my problem, here's the link for more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/gjxy7o/tv_problems_not_sure_of_root_cause/.  I'm having similar problems as to what's described in this thread.  My DVR is working, but the 2 Xi3 boxes are not.  One has the RDK-03036 error screen, the other has a frozen picture and "we're having trouble connecting to the internet" RDK-03033.

I've tried all normal troubleshooting options with no luck.  Seems there is a problem with the DVR not communicating to the other boxes.  Is there a way to find out if it's something other than the DVR needing to be replaced?

Thanks in advance,

James

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@KidSleez wrote:

Hi Michael,

I'm hoping you can help.  I posted on reddit in the Xfinity sub about my problem, here's the link for more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/gjxy7o/tv_problems_not_sure_of_root_cause/.  I'm having similar problems as to what's described in this thread.  My DVR is working, but the 2 Xi3 boxes are not.  One has the RDK-03036 error screen, the other has a frozen picture and "we're having trouble connecting to the internet" RDK-03033.

I've tried all normal troubleshooting options with no luck.  Seems there is a problem with the DVR not communicating to the other boxes.  Is there a way to find out if it's something other than the DVR needing to be replaced?

Thanks in advance,

James

the xi3 devices are companions that have to connect to a working HUB (in this case the DVR). Unplug the Xi3e, and then unplug the DVR by unplugging it for 2-3 minutes.  after the DVR begins working normally, plug in the Xi3 that gave you the 03036 error. when it comes up does it then connect successfully to the DVR and begin working?  

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

4 years ago

So I had tried that already (unplugged everything at the same time, including my modem, and plugged everything back in this order: modem, DVR, Xi3s) and everything was the same.  Internet worked, DVR worked, Xi3s did not.  Yesterday, I was going to swap the 2 Xi3 boxes to see if I would get the same errors in the same rooms or if anything was different.  I unplugged the box receiving the 036 error and walked to the other room.  As I went to unplug that second box, live TV was working.  I tightened up those cables back up, walked back to the other room, plugged that box back in, and when it booted up, it also started working.

So I'm not sure if anything I did fixed this, or there was a larger Comcast issue, or if it's just temporarily fixed, but since this happened, everything has been working as usual, with the boxes in their original locations.  I'll be keeping an eye out to see if anything changes.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@KidSleez wrote:

So I had tried that already (unplugged everything at the same time, including my modem, and plugged everything back in this order: modem, DVR, Xi3s) and everything was the same.  Internet worked, DVR worked, Xi3s did not.  Yesterday, I was going to swap the 2 Xi3 boxes to see if I would get the same errors in the same rooms or if anything was different.  I unplugged the box receiving the 036 error and walked to the other room.  As I went to unplug that second box, live TV was working.  I tightened up those cables back up, walked back to the other room, plugged that box back in, and when it booted up, it also started working.

So I'm not sure if anything I did fixed this, or there was a larger Comcast issue, or if it's just temporarily fixed, but since this happened, everything has been working as usual, with the boxes in their original locations.  I'll be keeping an eye out to see if anything changes.

many stores are reopening for limited service on Monday May 18. when you have time, take one of the xi3 boxes and swap for larger xg2. the xg2 has 3 tuners (you only need one for the other xi3) available to loan to other devices and that frees up the tuners used from the DVR. it is the same rental price and your DVR will then have all 6 tuners to use to record programs or watch live TV.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for this info.  If I ask for the XG2 specifically, will they give it to me?  Or is there a way to do this online without going into the store?  Can I get the XR15 remotes in store?  I asked CS to send me 2 of them to replace non-voice remotes, but I think they sent me the XR11s.  I'll find out when they're delivered.

Since you're responding, can I ask if you know how equipment works on new plans?  I was thinking about upgrading to the gig plan for internet while keeping my same channels.  I have my own modem/router, but I'm wondering how TV equipment works now, as I see costs have been simplified a bit.  I currently have the XG1v3 DVR, 2 Xi3s, and 2 DTAs.  I need 1 less box now, so 4 in total.  What are my options regarding the equipment?  I'd like to keep the DVR, is that possible?  I'm guessing the DTAs would be replaced?  And what about the Xi3s (let's assume for the moment I'm not swapping 1 for the XG2)?

Thanks again.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@KidSleez wrote:

Thanks for this info.  If I ask for the XG2 specifically, will they give it to me?  Or is there a way to do this online without going into the store?  Can I get the XR15 remotes in store?  I asked CS to send me 2 of them to replace non-voice remotes, but I think they sent me the XR11s.  I'll find out when they're delivered.

Since you're responding, can I ask if you know how equipment works on new plans?  I was thinking about upgrading to the gig plan for internet while keeping my same channels.  I have my own modem/router, but I'm wondering how TV equipment works now, as I see costs have been simplified a bit.  I currently have the XG1v3 DVR, 2 Xi3s, and 2 DTAs.  I need 1 less box now, so 4 in total.  What are my options regarding the equipment?  I'd like to keep the DVR, is that possible?  I'm guessing the DTAs would be replaced?  And what about the Xi3s (let's assume for the moment I'm not swapping 1 for the XG2)?

Thanks again.

if they ask 'why;' tell them it is to supply a tuner for itself and the other xi3 so you have use of all 6 tuners in your DVR.  xr11/xr15 are both equivalent. some prefer the 11 some the 15 (i only use the 15s now).  DTAs are not your full service only basic channels no access to DVR etc. I have DVRs and Roku devices (no charge to use roku for xfinity a1 service). the advantage of the real x1 set top boxes is whole home use of your DVR and pausing live TV (I do miss that on the roku devices). consider asking price to get 2 more xi3/xiD boxes to replace the DTAs. In some markets like mine there is only a $2 differnece between DTA and xi3/xid companion set top box. if you get a roku consider getting the better models that have the RF remote (aim anywhere) and 4k compatible.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same RDK-03036 issues on my basement TV.  All other TVs and internet are fine.  I split from main line (before it went to modem or other TVs) and ran it 50ft.  I replaced the splitter.  They only thing left to replace is their box.  I will replace it.

Please help

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

What type of splitter? It has to pass moca for the boxes to communicate. Signal wise I wouldn't split the cable before the the modem and other equipment

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here