jhurlbut's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Sunday, April 12th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

RDK-03036

Are there any connectivity gurus out there? I can’t get either on my satellite boxes to connect. I’ve spent over 4 hours on the phone with Comcast sending signal after signal with no joy. See this document for details... if this forum allows me to paste a link:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A64fbee89-ad96-4896-8605-dfcfe5a3c9ab

TYIA

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It should be main box port 1, longest distance to a cable box port 2 and so on. If any X1 boxes are on the voip port, they won’t communicate

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Try removing the filter and see if that works. that error means the satellite boxes can’t connect to the main X1 (dvr).

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityChad what filter? Where is this filter that needs to be removed?

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks @ComcastChad do you happen to know what that filter is?

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

I removed the filter, cable still works great on X1 DVR. Still getting same error code on satellite box after a reboot

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Everything is direct off the Amp. Will need to figure out which port the DVR is on. I did a “refresh” of my system too. So I’ll see if that had any effect

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Which port on the amp is your dvr? What gateway do you have? Are there any other splitters in the house or us everything direct off the amp?

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

You may have just saved my marriage! The box that couldn’t connect was on port 2, the DVR was on port 5. Moved DVR to port 1 and voila!! Thank You! Thank You!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

The cable modem is on “-4dB VOIP out” port. The power in port goes to the transformer and the “In” port goes to the street. One of the other 6 is out to DVR.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My main box and TV are working, however my 3 other TV’s keeps showing this error code. I checked the connections they are all tight. I also did the refresh and still no luck getting the other TV’s to connect! Red screens with this error code!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@VK6 wrote:
My main box and TV are working, however my 3 other TV’s keeps showing this error code. I checked the connections they are all tight. I also did the refresh and still no luck getting the other TV’s to connect! Red screens with this error code!

would you check the model number of your 'main' set top box and the other 3? (can use voice remote "about" and note the rest of the line to right of STB Version..).

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

had my two nonDVR-remotes go belly up - not connecting.  The DVR has good signal strenth (per box diag) and it working fine.  I have connected the remote directly to the "cable out" of the DVR to the "cable in" of the remote with a new comcast coax cable.  I wanted to bypass the in house cabling.  Should that work?  Becuase it does not, what am I missing?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

No that won’t work, you’d have to split the cable to each cable box before the dvr, there’s nothing for the smaller box to use coming out of the dvr. Also try resetting all 3 boxes

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The boxes use moca to work. If something is blocking that moca signal, that will keep the boxes from working. Bypass anything not a splitter (maybe even the splitter needs replaced). The best way to bypass house wiring is to have the dvr and non dvr together at one tv, use a 2 way splitter and 2 small pieces of coax, if it works, you know it’s in your house wiring. If it still doesn’t work, your looking at equipment or account issues because you’ve bypassed your house

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Well I must say after an three hours on with the I techs they couldn’t answer that simple question in fact they answered and said yeah that should work. So that’s wasted.

So in order to Bypass my home wiring - I can go into the basement where I come into a splitter that goes into the WLAN and into a PA. The PA goes into a three-way split which then goes to three different boxes.

If I plug my non DVR box directly into the three-way after the PA and the DVR has good signal..... if no signal at the .......then there is no way the in house coax is causing the problem??

Most likely the PA?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

During the initial installation Comcast technician added a MOCA filter to the Main box as I was not planning to use 2nd TV. Later When I tryied to add the 2nd box , main box not able to talk to the satellite box andI am gettting this error "RDK 03036".  I just removed the filter from the mainbox and 2nd box started working perfectly now. I think MOCA Filter is like One way filter not allowing the multimedia message to go out. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here