Community Forum

RDK-03036

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

RDK-03036

Are there any connectivity gurus out there? I can’t get either on my satellite boxes to connect. I’ve spent over 4 hours on the phone with Comcast sending signal after signal with no joy. See this document for details... if this forum allows me to paste a link:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A64fbee89-ad96-4896-8605-dfcf...

TYIA
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: RDK-03036

Try removing the filter and see if that works. that error means the satellite boxes can’t connect to the main X1 (dvr).

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @ComcastChad do you happen to know what that filter is?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I removed the filter, cable still works great on X1 DVR. Still getting same error code on satellite box after a reboot
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Which port on the amp is your dvr? What gateway do you have? Are there any other splitters in the house or us everything direct off the amp?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Everything is direct off the Amp. Will need to figure out which port the DVR is on. I did a “refresh” of my system too. So I’ll see if that had any effect
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It should be main box port 1, longest distance to a cable box port 2 and so on. If any X1 boxes are on the voip port, they won’t communicate

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The cable modem is on “-4dB VOIP out” port. The power in port goes to the transformer and the “In” port goes to the street. One of the other 6 is out to DVR.
Frequent Visitor

You may have just saved my marriage! The box that couldn’t connect was on port 2, the DVR was on port 5. Moved DVR to port 1 and voila!! Thank You! Thank You!
Highlighted
New Poster

My main box and TV are working, however my 3 other TV’s keeps showing this error code. I checked the connections they are all tight. I also did the refresh and still no luck getting the other TV’s to connect! Red screens with this error code!
Highlighted
Expert

@VK6 wrote:
My main box and TV are working, however my 3 other TV’s keeps showing this error code. I checked the connections they are all tight. I also did the refresh and still no luck getting the other TV’s to connect! Red screens with this error code!

would you check the model number of your 'main' set top box and the other 3? (can use voice remote "about" and note the rest of the line to right of STB Version..).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

had my two nonDVR-remotes go belly up - not connecting.  The DVR has good signal strenth (per box diag) and it working fine.  I have connected the remote directly to the "cable out" of the DVR to the "cable in" of the remote with a new comcast coax cable.  I wanted to bypass the in house cabling.  Should that work?  Becuase it does not, what am I missing?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

No that won’t work, you’d have to split the cable to each cable box before the dvr, there’s nothing for the smaller box to use coming out of the dvr. Also try resetting all 3 boxes

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Well I must say after an three hours on with the I techs they couldn’t answer that simple question in fact they answered and said yeah that should work. So that’s wasted.

So in order to Bypass my home wiring - I can go into the basement where I come into a splitter that goes into the WLAN and into a PA. The PA goes into a three-way split which then goes to three different boxes.

If I plug my non DVR box directly into the three-way after the PA and the DVR has good signal..... if no signal at the .......then there is no way the in house coax is causing the problem??

Most likely the PA?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The boxes use moca to work. If something is blocking that moca signal, that will keep the boxes from working. Bypass anything not a splitter (maybe even the splitter needs replaced). The best way to bypass house wiring is to have the dvr and non dvr together at one tv, use a 2 way splitter and 2 small pieces of coax, if it works, you know it’s in your house wiring. If it still doesn’t work, your looking at equipment or account issues because you’ve bypassed your house