Community Forum

QVC overriding other channels???

Frequent Visitor

QVC overriding other channels???

For the last few months, QVC seems to be overriding our signal. When we start Netflix, for example, there is usually a delay for Netflix to kick in. During that delay, QVC takes over the TV and runs in the background during the Netflix menu. Also, if there is a delay when changing channels, QVC takes over the TV. Sometimes I actually have to actively change the channels to get rid of it. Plus, I hate QVC!

How do I stop this???
New Poster

Re: QVC overriding other channels???

We are having the same problem.  It happens frequently.  Always have to manually change channel to get rid of it.  Sometimes, when we change the channel,  the audio changes to the selected channel, but QVC stays on the screen.   Does Xfinity have a solution?  Thanks.

Official Employee

Hello all,

QVC as the same type of channel as any other and should operate the same way. If you change the channel (any other than QVC) - does it still plays on the background of Netflix app? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My tv is also suddenly doing the same thing!
Official Employee

MyboyTheo, sounds like the channel frequency is leaking! Let's take a closer look! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been getting the same thing for a couple of months or more.  Not all of the time.  But you change the channel and qvc2 or qvc3 (not sure which) comes up instead of the channel you are trying to go to.  You have to change the channel manually to get rid of it.  Very annoying.  It must be an xfinity thing since I seem to see others have the same issue.

Official Employee

I have been getting the same thing for a couple of months or more.  Not all of the time.  But you change the channel and qvc2 or qvc3 (not sure which) comes up instead of the channel you are trying to go to.  You have to change the channel manually to get rid of it.  Very annoying.  It must be an xfinity thing since I seem to see others have the same issue.

njeyedok, I'd like to look into this further. This isn't operating as intended. Please send me a private message for help.