Community Forum

Problem with Bluetooth volume control from TV set top box and wireless Apple AirPods Pro earphones.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Problem with Bluetooth volume control from TV set top box and wireless Apple AirPods Pro earphones.

I have successfully established a Bluetooth connection between  my wireless Apple AirPods Pro and my Xfinity TV set top box.

I also discovered that, currently, there seems to be no way to control the volume to the earphones with this setup!

It seems the sound emitted by the Xfinity set top box via Bluetooth is at FIXED VOLUME. While the volume control for the AirPods is via the iPhone only. The iPhone is not in this “loop” so the AirPods’ volume is extremely loud and cannot be adjusted!

The Apple AirPods are extremely popular with many millions being sold. Is Xfinity-Comcast aware of this problem and is a fix possible or being worked on?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Problem with Bluetooth volume control from TV set top box and wireless Apple AirPods Pro earphon

@pateta wrote:

I have successfully established a Bluetooth connection between  my wireless Apple AirPods Pro and my Xfinity TV set top box.

I also discovered that, currently, there seems to be no way to control the volume to the earphones with this setup!

It seems the sound emitted by the Xfinity set top box via Bluetooth is at FIXED VOLUME. While the volume control for the AirPods is via the iPhone only. The iPhone is not in this “loop” so the AirPods’ volume is extremely loud and cannot be adjusted!

The Apple AirPods are extremely popular with many millions being sold. Is Xfinity-Comcast aware of this problem and is a fix possible or being worked on?

use something similar to the LG Tone for a headphone that has its own volume control. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Problem with Bluetooth volume control from TV set top box and wireless Apple AirPods Pro earphon

Is there a workaround for those of us who own AirPods and do not want, or cannot afford, to buy multiple headsets to pair with various devices?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

@jacks508 wrote:

Is there a workaround for those of us who own AirPods and do not want, or cannot afford, to buy multiple headsets to pair with various devices?

Thank you.

you would need a device that has a volume control that's all. airpods are for your apple devices that control the volume using the device. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have a Bluetooth adapter from the audio out on the box- is there no way to control volume on the Xfinity box itself?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

No there isn’t

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!