Community Forum

Powers up and asks for device name

Highlighted
New Poster

Powers up and asks for device name

New X1 box set to power-save after four hours last night.  This morning I hit the power button on

the remote to start it and up comes the screen asking for a device name.  It was "Den" yesterday,

so I put in "Den" again and it named it "Den2." 

Is it always going to ask me for a device name upon waking up each morning?  Can I get out of

this screen without doing anything?  Maybe I should leave the power-saver off?   Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Powers up and asks for device name

@jemk2wu wrote:

New X1 box set to power-save after four hours last night.  This morning I hit the power button on

the remote to start it and up comes the screen asking for a device name.  It was "Den" yesterday,

so I put in "Den" again and it named it "Den2." 

Is it always going to ask me for a device name upon waking up each morning?  Can I get out of

this screen without doing anything?  Maybe I should leave the power-saver off?   Thanks.

using your xfinity remote use voice command 'recordings'. at the top it will have a drop down menu for all devices select it. does that list include only the set top boxes (by name) that you have in your home?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Powers up and asks for device name

I said "recordings" and all I got was a page with the top menu items across the screen being

For You, Scheduled, Favorites, Purchases and Playlist.  The page itself said "There are no programs

available at this time."  I didn't see anything about devices.

This is a brand new X1 box installed yesterday.  It is the only TV set-top box in my home.  I do

have a (purchased) cable modem/router for internet which runs fine and should have nothing to

do with the TV anyway.

When I go online at Xfinity, I see both the TV box and the modem/router listed.  The name of

the TV box is the new name, "den2," that I had to enter this morning upon startup.

As my original post said, I'm more than happy to leave the power-saver disabled if that will

simply give me TV channels without having to go through the device-naming each morning.