Community Forum

Please help 90 year olds! Screen randomly switches to Netflix sign in

danaleigh
Frequent Visitor

Please help 90 year olds! Screen randomly switches to Netflix sign in

At first I thought they were messing up the remote, but then I saw it myself.

The screen was stuck on the Netflix sign in page.

They don't use netflix, never have. They have a samsung smart tv but have comcast coming through the small white box from their retirement facility and they also have a xfinity box under their tv for HD.

They use that huge remote with the yellow buttons, (with no input or source option) so they can't mess that up anymore.

I worked with it and was finally able to get the channels showing. I switched out the xfinity box for a new one just to make sure. We're reset, checked the plugs, done everything and here it is,  two days later, and it's doing it again.

My parents have nothing else to do. We need to figure this weird mystery out so it stops. Please help!

1F6247BE-F0AA-407D-91EE-68D21C24C7CB.jpeg
danaleigh
Frequent Visitor

Re: Please help 90 year olds! Screen randomly switches to Netflix sign in

And.... I just had a gal go into their room and she got their TV back by using the input button on an old xfinity remote.

So the input is randomly changing on its own.

I wondered if a neighboring room was signing into netflix and their TV was picking up the RF signal. .She checked all neighbors and no one uses netflix.

So what we have is a randomly changing TV input with the old xfinity box AND the new xfinity box brought in 2 days ago.

PLEASE ADVISE

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

The box showing under the tv doesn’t have Netflix access, are they possibly accessing the Netflix app from the smart tv? It really has nothing to do with Comcast, ask whoever helps them if there’s another Samsung in the room next door. Another brand of tv might be necessary, if there is

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
danaleigh
Frequent Visitor

The samsung remote control is in a drawer and not being used or touched at all.

No one in a neighboring room uses netflix.

I did some research and found many others dealing with this. Some are suggesting turning off something called anynet +. My son will go tomorrow to see if that helps, and yes, buying a different brand tv. The fun never ends.