Community Forum

Pixelation on various channels after X1 DVR install

Highlighted
New Poster

Pixelation on various channels after X1 DVR install

I have recently installed a X1 dvr to replace my non-dvr X1 main box.  I now have various channels that will pixelate badly.  Most are sports channels like ESPN.  I have already checked all connections in the house as I have not changed anything but the X1 box.  This is the second dvr box I have tried.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Pixelation on various channels after X1 DVR install

@gm64 wrote:

I have recently installed a X1 dvr to replace my non-dvr X1 main box.  I now have various channels that will pixelate badly.  Most are sports channels like ESPN.  I have already checked all connections in the house as I have not changed anything but the X1 box.  This is the second dvr box I have tried.

do you have other live outlets? the signal at your location may be from an unneeded splitter. is your modem/gateway near? if so temporarily connect the gateway's coax to your set top box. any change?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Pixelation on various channels after X1 DVR install

The feed comes directly from a Commscope 9 port amp (CSAMPDU9VPI). This amp feeds 8 locations directly. Would like to find a way to check signal db without dealing with a Comcast tech.