Community Forum

Pixelation Problems

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pixelation Problems

I have been having pixelation problems for about a year now. I've had technicians come out twice now. The last vist being about 2 months ago and my box was changed, outside cable changed and connector changed. Fixed the problem for a few days then it has increased again and has gotten worse in the last couple of weeks. The picture goes into pixelations, sometimes freezes, sound will go in and out and sometimes the channel won't even come on and I get an error. I've unplugged and rebooted to no avail. Signals were good to all boxes. Replacing the line only helped for a few days if that. It happens most to name a few on discovery, a&e history etc. Also mostly happens late afternoon and evening. Never happens while tec is here. I've recorded it with my phone to show them. I'm so frustrated with paying for something and have to settle watching stuff we didn't want to watch because out favorites are messed up. Anybody with similiar issues or is there any solution to this problem?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Pixelation Problems

Sorry but you don't want to hear this and it is far from a new issue. Pixeling when watching live TV is almost always an incoming signal issue which could be inside your house in your yard or blocks down the road from your home. There is a bad wire, bad connection or network problem somewhere between you and Comcast.

Hopefully someday from Comcast will pick up on this and send it to the right place.

Regular Visitor

Pixelation Problems

Its absolutly AWFUL today!!!!! Might be able to watch 25%of the channels i have. Sadly im still under contract pricing or i would have went back to Directv already. Im very disgusted with This.

Diamond Problem Solver

If you want another tech out we can get one scheduled. It’s possible it’s an outside issue, anything can change between a couple of months.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

JessReff,

Andrew is right. You need another tech out.

I have a story for you...

Roughly eight years ago our Comcast service got really bad. Tons of pixeling. Tech came out and we quickly realized that the kid who mowed our yard at the time hit the Comcast box in the yard so hard with the lawn mower that he damaged connections inside the box.

Things can and do change...you just might not be aware of what they are...

Regular Visitor

Yes I would like a tech to come out again.
Official Employee

JessReff, thanks for posting about your pixelation problems. I'm guessing there might be some issue with the line--perhaps water got in the line? We'll check it out. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@JessReff, we did not hear back from you in the private message or on here, so I will be locking this thread. I hope all went well with what was discussed in our private message, but please reach back out to myself or ComcastKenF in a private message, if you still need assistance with this pixelation concern. Please create a new Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!