Community Forum

Picture keeps freezing up on only on of my 3 xfinity boxes.

Highlighted
New Poster

Picture keeps freezing up on only on of my 3 xfinity boxes.

I have 3 Xfinity boxes.  My "main" box in my living room and satellites in my br and basement.  The picture keeps freezing up on my basement unit.  Even after I installed the upgraded xfinity box, it keeps happening.  The cable connections are secure and tight and the other two sets have no trouble.  HELP!  Thanks

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Picture keeps freezing up on only on of my 3 xfinity boxes.

Try swapping the locations of the 2 secondary boxes and see if the freezing follows the box or not. That will tell you if it’s equipment related or something is up with your interior cabling

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the good idea, but the 'problem' box was freezing up (usually with DVR playback) before Comcast kinda automatically posted on my 'problem' screen that I needed an updated box.  I hit all the right buttons and got two new satellite boxes shipped to me.  I installed them and the 'problem' box still is freezeing while my other satellite box does not.  So I don't believe it's the box but I can't figure out why it's one signal but not the others in the same house.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The boxes need good communication from the main box. Try what I suggested, it will at least point you in the right direction

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Will do.  Thanks