Community Forum

Physical vs cloud dvr

Minny1122
New Poster

Physical vs cloud dvr

How do I know whether I am recording to the cloud or my stb? Can I choose? As far as I can tell, everything i have is in the cloud. 

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Physical vs cloud dvr

@Minny1122 wrote:

How do I know whether I am recording to the cloud or my stb? Can I choose? As far as I can tell, everything i have is in the cloud. 

the Comcast servers direct the home and cloud DVR to begin a recording. the home equipment does not communicate to the cloud DVR. there are some plans that only have cloud DVR (no home DVR equipment). to survey your model numbers do voice command 'about' on each set and reply with the rest of the line to right of STB Version.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Minny1122
New Poster

It’s an xg1v4
Rustyben
Expert

@Minny1122 wrote:
It’s an xg1v4

use the remote on that TV and start a recording. do you see it in the list of recordings in progress?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!