Community Forum

Peacock / Premium - not working tonight 7/19/2020

paddler4x
New Poster

Peacock / Premium - not working tonight 7/19/2020

So I have been using Peacock for about a week before the official kickoff that I believe was on July 15 without any problems.  Tonight, Sunday July 19, I have had nothing but problems with both accessing Peacock and once in, with playback.  So for at least 30 minutes I got an error when I tried to launch Peacock via Apps on X1 or via the X1 Voice Remote, I would get the Error Code APPS -04033.  I tried calling 1-800-COMCAST to report the problem but only get all circuits are busy whether calling from my Cell phone or landline (AT&T); to me tells me that Comcast is really having technical difficulties and lots of customers are calling in to complain.  I have no problem calling others, so the problem is not with AT&T.  

When I was finaly able to get into Peacock at about 9 PM EST, I selected Browse, then I believe the show is called The Capture, then selected Play.  Audio was playing but no video for this Peacock original show, the video I see is the Browse screen that is locked.  I tried navigating using my remote and now the entire screen is lock, I don't even have play functionality in hearing the show.  My screen is totally frozen in Peacock, exit does nothing.  I used the imput button on my remote to switch around back to Cable Box and I am still frozen on Peacock.   Trying to compete with other streaming services is not working out for ya, huh Comcast?  I am sure Amazon and Netflex each have more users than Peacock and have never had these problems.   

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Peacock / Premium - not working tonight 7/19/2020

@paddler4x wrote:

So I have been using Peacock for about a week before the official kickoff that I believe was on July 15 without any problems.  Tonight, Sunday July 19, I have had nothing but problems with both accessing Peacock and once in, with playback.  So for at least 30 minutes I got an error when I tried to launch Peacock via Apps on X1 or via the X1 Voice Remote, I would get the Error Code APPS -04033.  I tried calling 1-800-COMCAST to report the problem but only get all circuits are busy whether calling from my Cell phone or landline (AT&T); to me tells me that Comcast is really having technical difficulties and lots of customers are calling in to complain.  I have no problem calling others, so the problem is not with AT&T.  

When I was finaly able to get into Peacock at about 9 PM EST, I selected Browse, then I believe the show is called The Capture, then selected Play.  Audio was playing but no video for this Peacock original show, the video I see is the Browse screen that is locked.  I tried navigating using my remote and now the entire screen is lock, I don't even have play functionality in hearing the show.  My screen is totally frozen in Peacock, exit does nothing.  I used the imput button on my remote to switch around back to Cable Box and I am still frozen on Peacock.   Trying to compete with other streaming services is not working out for ya, huh Comcast?  I am sure Amazon and Netflex each have more users than Peacock and have never had these problems.   

this 7/19 post just showed up on 7/21. are you still having a problem? Much of the internet in the USA had a problem when a backbone went down for around an hour on that day.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!