Community Forum

Peacock App Doesn’t Load

Highlighted
New Poster

Peacock App Doesn’t Load

The app just sits and loads the main screen for a long time and if that actually works, the actual show never loads. It will sit and show the circle and then just stop and go back to the main screen. I’ve checked my internet speed and it’s fine. I have also restarted the cable box several times.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Peacock App Doesn’t Load

Same problem here! Started yesterday
Highlighted
Contributor

Same

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I have had intermittent problems. One time it didn't load at all on Friday. Yesterday, it did work, but was a little slow trying to start my show.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Peacock won't load at all on my main X1 box, but it opens fine on the 2 extra TV boxes, so I am really baffled. I've done all the usual, unplug, restart, reset, and it just won't work on the main X1 box.

Highlighted
Expert

@Naja_711 wrote:

Peacock won't load at all on my main X1 box, but it opens fine on the 2 extra TV boxes, so I am really baffled. I've done all the usual, unplug, restart, reset, and it just won't work on the main X1 box.

use the voice remote "about". what is the rest of the line after STB version?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

STB Version AX014AN_4.2p12s1_PROD_sey

Highlighted
Contributor

Hello?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I tried again today (XG1v4 cable box), and it will not load. Just sits at the logo with the 3 blinking dots. Works fine on computer and phone.

The X1 software was updated to version 118.1.3 on Saturday morning (you can see it in the X1's about screen). The app screen looks a bit different, with bigger icons and a different categorization. Possibly some incompatibility, showing the total lack of QC at Comcast, and the insane stupidity of pushing a software update over a holiday weekend!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Is Xfinity going to come up with a solution?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

STB Version: AX013AN_4.0p19s1_PROD_sey

Highlighted
Contributor

Fixed...

Highlighted
New Poster

This is still a problem for me. Has anyone discovered a solution? The app loads 50% of the time but when it does, it takes anywhere from 5-15 min of buffering before it starts streaming a show.
Highlighted
Expert

@JRR725 wrote:
This is still a problem for me. Has anyone discovered a solution? The app loads 50% of the time but when it does, it takes anywhere from 5-15 min of buffering before it starts streaming a show.

if you have more than one set top box do they all act the same way? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I only have 1 box. 

Highlighted
Expert

@JRR725 wrote:

I only have 1 box. 

use voice command 'about'. what is the rest of the line to the right of STB version?

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having the same problem. Just got my Flex box (just one). Everything seems to work great except for Peacock. It won’t load.

STB Version: TX061AEI_4.0p19s1_PROD_sey
Highlighted
New Poster

same problem. New box. Peacock just spins and never loads. In all the outs I have yet to see an actual answer to what to do, just questions on stb so here is mine
STB VERSION: AX014AN_4.0p19s1_PROD_sey
Highlighted
New Poster

I just got my Xfinity Flex box today and whenever I try to open the Peacock app, it says there's an error with the app itself.

About
STB Version: TX061AEI_4.0p19s1_PROD_sey
Highlighted
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We just got our Flex in order to watch the Peacock app and right now all I am looking at is the Peacock logo. No channel whatsoever! We could not figure out how to set up the voice command because the on screen instructions were less than helpful and it kept saying it didn't work and to try again. So no STB thingy. Not happy.

We the voice thing finally worked ... STV Version: TX061AEI_4.0p19s1_PROD_sey

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue with my brand new flex box setup today.
Highlighted
New Poster

Just received my Flex Box and trying to get into Peacock but it just sits on the "Peacock" logo screen...

STB Version AX061AEL4.0p19sl_PROD_sdy
Highlighted
Expert

I have escalated your issue (2nd time) to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, all! I apologize to hear everyone is having issues with the Peacock app loading on your boxes. Certainly not the experience we want for you. For anyone having issues, can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Use roku. Have  nothing but problems opening thru xfinity. Show kept opening and reopening today.  No problem opening app in roku.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am also having issues with Peacock, stuck at logo screen
Highlighted
New Poster

I do not see where to "Send Message"....

EDIT: Popped up and message sent !

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi Michael at Comcast,

I’m doing this from my phone and can’t seem to message you. I just received my Flex box today and I cannot load any Peacock content. Can you assist?
Highlighted
New Poster

hello @ComcastMichael , for some reason i can't find where to send you a message! i'm also having this issue though

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastMichael I was also unable to locate a link to PM you.  I just got my Flex box today and am unable to load the Peacock app on my box.  Please advise.

Highlighted
New Poster

I can’t see where to message you
Stb AX061AEL_4.0p19s1_PROD_sdy
Please help!
Highlighted
New Poster

Michael, I don't see an option to PM yoiu. I am having the same issue as everyone else. Peacock logo appears, three dots blink, then I'm stuck on the logo. Other apps on Flex are fine. What gives?

Highlighted
New Poster

No option to PM MichaelComcast. Same problem as many others reported...

Peacock won't load.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Got a Flex box; it won’t load the Peacock Premium App. Is there a process to follow to activate it?

Thanks!
Highlighted
New Poster

If you can't help us get Peacock to load, can you at least tell us how we can activate Peacock outside of Flex so we can watch on our laptops, phones, and tablets?

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastMichael - I'm having the same issue.  Not seeing how to send you a message.  Nothing is showing up on the right as you mentioned.

Highlighted
New Poster

For my part the connection is now working with no action taken. Peacock (finally) loaded quickly and I was able to activate my account (and watch on my laptop).

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I wrote an email to Xfinity CEO this morning, telling him how bad Xfinity looks with customers not being able to use Flex. I can load the app Peacock Premium now.
Highlighted
New Poster

Through no effort on my own, Peacock now works on my new Flex. Someone, somewhere, did something. It's a mystery but it works!

Highlighted
New Poster

can't find where to send you a message.  just activated my Peacock, go to load a show (SNL) and it gets stuck at the loading screen and does nothing.

Highlighted
New Poster

restarted device again, and this time it worked.  all set.

Highlighted
New Poster

Ridiculous. Got the free Flex device because we have Xfinity. What a joke. Peacock won't load. I thought at first that Peacock was the one thing Flex offered that wasn't on Roku.Then after reading a comment here, I tried voice command on Roku and sure enough, Roku has Peacock. Every other process or app on Flex loads slower than Roku. Keep in mind that our internet is from Xfinity, which provided us with the Flex device; and the Roku connects wirelessly, seamlessly, to the internet through that Xfinity wireles, faster and with better user interface. Yes, the Roku box costs $100 or so, but it's a one-time payment and is much, much, better user interface and speed than this ridiculous Flex box.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @jruesch38, and others who may still be experiencing issues with the Peacock App. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot so you can enjoy the awesome shows and movies available. To get started, send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message.

Please include your first and last name the numbers associated with your address, so we can get started. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi I am having the same problem and don’t see how to send you a message
Highlighted
Expert

@Laurie858 wrote:
Hi I am having the same problem and don’t see how to send you a message

be sure you are still logged into the forum (upper right of the web page). click on his username in the post. upper right will have a link to send a private message.

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast Michael, 

I am sorry to be reaching out here, but I don't see a link by which to send you a private message (I did click on your name). However, I could really use your help getting the Flex box to load Peacock Premium. Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
New Poster

Apparently I need to post publicly in order to send a PM to any of the Comcast employees, so here I am. Set up my Flex today and Peacock won't load. Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

Hey @ComcastChe ,

Having the same issue on my side and can't seem to DM you. Let me know the best way to chat!

Highlighted
New Poster

Yah, same problem.  Just got the flex box and it will not load peacock.  

Tried to message the comcast guy but there is no way to do it.