Community Forum

Pairing to my DVR

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pairing to my DVR

I have the xr15 voice remote. It will not pair to my RNG200N DVR. Is this a problem?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Pairing to my DVR

It will not pair with that device, that remote is for X1 devices.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@stickman3624 wrote: I have the xr15 voice remote. It will not pair to my RNG200N DVR. ...

It should work if you can figure out which button combination to use to enter Setup mode. See https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Upgraded-to-an-XR2-remote-and-its-not-working/m-p/32285....

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Your link is for an XR2 remote, not XR15 and a totally different type of box. As posted above, it’s not going to work. XR15 is an X1 remote, RNG200 isn’t an X1 box.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote: Your link is for an XR2 remote, not XR15 and a totally different type of box. As posted above, it’s not going to work. XR15 is an X1 remote, RNG200 isn’t an X1 box.

If an XR2 can control an ancient Scientific Atlanta 4250C, surely an XR15 can control a newer RNG200N?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Surely it can’t. X1 boxes and remotes are paired together for voice commands to work, the X1 box displays a 3 digit code for the pairing process. The RNG200 has no voice commands nor the ability to show the 3 digit code.

@stickman3624
You should update your equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!