Community Forum

On my X1 DVR picture darkens when watching HDR programs on Prime & Netflix

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

On my X1 DVR picture darkens when watching HDR programs on Prime & Netflix

On my  Samsung 4K tv, model #UN65TU8000FXZA and the 4K X1 model AX014ANM DVR when watching HDR movies on Amazon Prime and Netflix through the DVR the picture goes really dark. If we watch through the WiFi, the picture is fine. We have talked with Prime, Samsung, and Comcast and exchanged 4K DVR box to no avail. We believe the problem is with the 4K Xfinity DVR. This issue started when we got the 4K DVR. Would appreciate any help on this issue.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: On my X1 DVR picture darkens when watching HDR programs on Prime & Netflix

@eanie,

I know issues with equipment can be frustrating. I wanted to reach out and see if you are still having any issues. Our team wants to do our best to help. Can you please private message me your full name and service address? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!