Community Forum

Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

Two old episodes on the DVR are just stuck. Can’t delete them. Can’t watch them. They are just stuck there. If I try to delete them it just gives an error message to restart the system.

Odd. Weird. Slightly annoying.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/reboot-anyroom-dvr

 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-reboot-my-set-top-box

 

 


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

I appreciate the links to those instructions. However that does not correct the issue. I have done all of that already. Because I already knew how to do that.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck


@WLP-Colorado wrote:
I appreciate the links to those instructions. However that does not correct the issue. I have done all of that already. Because I already knew how to do that.


I had several yesterday. none of the normal fixes deleted them. I went to the stream app and the list of recordings. found the titles and swiped to the left and selected 'delete'. with a few seconds the X1 set top box recording entry disappeared. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

They delete via stream ... I did that. But still showing on both the wired and the wireless tv boxes.

And if I hit delete then I get a system error message that there is a problem and it needs to be restarted.

Restarting, rebooting, unplugging, doing a dance, singing a song... nothing works.

I’ve done everything but just give up and cancel my service out of frustration.

I hear the Hopper works pretty well.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck


@WLP-Colorado wrote:
They delete via stream ... I did that. But still showing on both the wired and the wireless tv boxes.

And if I hit delete then I get a system error message that there is a problem and it needs to be restarted.

Restarting, rebooting, unplugging, doing a dance, singing a song... nothing works.

I’ve done everything but just give up and cancel my service out of frustration.

I hear the Hopper works pretty well.

on the DVR connected remote use voice command 'device settings'. scroll to bottom and run 'sync DVR'. does that fix the listings on the DVR itself?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

I have done sync and refresh.

I have really done everything that I have the access and ability to do.

 

Just short of switching to another provider (and using a device like the "hopper"), and/or replacing the equipment completely, I am not sure what else to do.

 

I searched for this issue online and found that A LOT of people have had the same issues.

 

It was not an issue until we moved to a new address and the install was a bit botched.

The move order was not entered right in the beginning and then the tech installed some powered signal "booster" thing outside in the box (to this day I still have an unsightly mess outside because it did not fit in the box right, not to mention I have to pay for the electricity to power it). The tech said that eventhough I lived only feet from the fiber junction box, I would never get my signal properly if  used the surge protection on a UPS, and did not have that box installed. Unless I had the entire house fully rewired with all new coax cable.

 

I don't know if all that is related or not.

It never seems to affect anything else at all, and I do not see any other issues.

Just those stuck recordings.

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck


@WLP-Colorado wrote:

I have done sync and refresh.

I have really done everything that I have the access and ability to do.

 

Just short of switching to another provider (and using a device like the "hopper"), and/or replacing the equipment completely, I am not sure what else to do.

 

I searched for this issue online and found that A LOT of people have had the same issues.

 

It was not an issue until we moved to a new address and the install was a bit botched.

The move order was not entered right in the beginning and then the tech installed some powered signal "booster" thing outside in the box (to this day I still have an unsightly mess outside because it did not fit in the box right, not to mention I have to pay for the electricity to power it). The tech said that eventhough I lived only feet from the fiber junction box, I would never get my signal properly if  used the surge protection on a UPS, and did not have that box installed. Unless I had the entire house fully rewired with all new coax cable.

 

I don't know if all that is related or not.

It never seems to affect anything else at all, and I do not see any other issues.

Just those stuck recordings.


does the recording show up on a smart phone/tablet? (cloud DVR). when you play the stuck recording on the home set top box connected tv and then press the OK button does DVR  or 'cloud icon' plus DVR show up in lower left corner?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

@WLP-Colorado
I escalated it up to an Official Employee, they’ll respond here and ask for your account information and recordings information privately. It probably was the botched transfer that’s the cause.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

Thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck



does the recording show up on a smart phone/tablet? (cloud DVR). when you play the stuck recording on the home set top box connected tv and then press the OK button does DVR  or 'cloud icon' plus DVR show up in lower left corner?


 

I do not see those items in Stream on my mobile device. 

I cannot play them - just an error message.

I have never seen any "cloud" icons.

 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Old X1 DVR Recording Stuck

Hi, WLP-Colorado. Thanks for posting! I see you've gotten some help here within the community up to this point. What I would like to do is take a look at things on my end to help determine what might be causing this issue for you. If you can please send me a private message with your first and last name plus the name of the recordings you're having trouble with, we can continue from there. 

 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

 

Thanks!


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!