misterted's profile

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

Friday, May 8th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Netflix account not linking -no help from comcast

Back in March I upgraded my service to include Netflix. I have an account with them already and enjoy 4K viewing. Comcast people told me that they would bill me for the basic service and Netflix would bill me the upgrade fee from March onward. And I wouldn't have to register a new account, cancel my old one...etc.

Technician came, said he linked the account on my main X1 DVR box and I should be all good.

But I since then I have been paying Netflix AND Comcast every month.

Naturally at the moment I cannot speak to anyone at Comcast so I chatted and they told me the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I was told before. that I would need to cancel my NEtflix account. 

Anyway I said no and they told me to contact Netflix. Netflix said the accounts are not linked.

I just went to the netflix on my X1 DVR box (first time because I usually watch on my 4K smart TV) and I noticed that comcast created a new account for me under another email address they had on file for me. this is why the accounts are not linked and I am paying double.

Can a Comcast employee please help me get my accounts linked? I also need a credit for the months I have been double billed. They need to delete the account they created and link my original netflix account indtead like they were supposed to do from the beginning.

Please help.

Ted

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

4 years ago

There is confusion at Comcast about this.  I was told I could have Netflix as part of my plan with my legacy box and that's not true. It's only with X1.  What is true is that you have to cancel your Netflix account first.  They will keep your saved lists and preferences.  Then you have to sign up through X1 Netflix app with your existing Netflix password or Netflix thinks you're a new customer without any history.  I had to correct the tech about this as he stepped me through the box setup.

Cancel Netflix then hopefully get someone at Comcast to help you re-register under your old password.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@cambridge wrote:

There is confusion at Comcast about this.  I was told I could have Netflix as part of my plan with my legacy box and that's not true. It's only with X1.  What is true is that you have to cancel your Netflix account first.  They will keep your saved lists and preferences.  Then you have to sign up through X1 Netflix app with your existing Netflix password or Netflix thinks you're a new customer without any history.  I had to correct the tech about this as he stepped me through the box setup.

Cancel Netflix then hopefully get someone at Comcast to help you re-register under your old password.

you can keep your separate subscription and use it on X1 or on any  compatible computer or portable device.

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

4 years ago

Why would I do that?

I have an account already. They offered me this to save money and it ended up being a total lie.

Now there's no oen to talk to and if I do get someone on the phone they are incompetent.

I literally have no more faith in this company. As long as the system works everythign is fine but if there is any problem and you have to call them, you may as well jump off a bridge because it will take hours and hours if not days and weeks to get any sort of solutions for any problem.

My patience is running out.

If there is any acutal Comcast employee who can help me with this I would really appreciate it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here