Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Netflix Issue

Frequent Visitor

Netflix Issue

In the last week I've encountered an issue with using Netflix through X1.  Whenever I try to play a TV show or movie the content would start for a second or two and then I get the following message and error code:  "We're having trouble playing this title right now.  Please try again later or select a different title" error code tvq-pm-100 (5.2.4).  Sometimes I don't even get the message.  The screen will freeze and then the STB will reboot by itself.

I've tried exiting and restarting the Netflix app and rebooting the STB multiple times ( even unplugging the STB ), but the issue persists.

I am able to play Netflix content on my TV through Chromecast and my blu-ray player app, just not using X1.

Anyone else having this issue?

7/7/18 Update:  Still having the same issues w/ X1.  Just finished doing the Button A reset and Netflix login and rebooted the STB and it's still giving me the same error message and/or freezing and rebooting on it's own.  Watched 3 hours of Netflix  content last night using my blu-ray player app and there were no issues.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Netflix Issue

I am having a similar issue.  My netflix and youtube say that I need Xfinity internet which I already have.  Affecting all 4 of my boxes.

Expert

Do a Netlix system refresh with the A button. Press the A button on your remote control, scroll to the right and select Reset Netflix. All set. You can open Netflix onX1 by selecting Restart Netflix.

Frequent Visitor

That is not an option that comes up. Only options close to what you are referring to are: restart and system refresh. I’m trying the system refresh.
New Poster

I have the same issues as the original poster. Doing the A button routine to reset Netflix does not solve the issue. Problem remains the same.

New Poster

Same issue - for 3 days - have requested Technician.

Expert

@JerryLVSF wrote:

I have the same issues as the original poster. Doing the A button routine to reset Netflix does not solve the issue. Problem remains the same.

after you reset netflix and then start the netflix app again, walk me through what you saw and any error messages that appeared on the screen.

Expert

@wandaharris wrote:

Same issue - for 3 days - have requested Technician.

when you run the Netflix app, what happens on the screen? did you try the A button "Reset Netflix" menu?

Frequent Visitor

There is no reset Netflix. Also I just got a robo call from Comcast stating that my problem should be fixed but still not fixed. What the heck.
Regular Visitor

I’m having the same issue of my apps saying I need internet service which I have. I got the robo call at 5:00 pm est time today an called an was told it must of been a glitch because the issue is still not fixed with no ETA. I just went ahead an sceduled a tech to see if he can do something. You would think with an outage that’s affecting so many they would expedite the problem.
Expert

@jwot wrote:
There is no reset Netflix. Also I just got a robo call from Comcast stating that my problem should be fixed but still not fixed. What the heck.

were you pressing the A button on your X1 remote? 

Regular Contributor

I’ve had the same issue for the past 3 days. There’s a problem on Comcast’s end. 

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben, of course I hit the A button. It is not complicated.  I don't understand why you keep repeating the same message.  Multiple people have told you that it is not an option or does not work.  But thanks for trying.

Expert

@jwot wrote:

Rustyben, of course I hit the A button. It is not complicated.  I don't understand why you keep repeating the same message.  Multiple people have told you that it is not an option or does not work.  But thanks for trying.

if the device is an x1 set top box (except for rng150 companion) it has access to internet including Netflix. the A menu on all devices have the Reset Netflix option. When a customer says the option is not there, since we are only customers too we can't see what equipment the person is using. For example if they are using a Roku they may have posted in the wrong area of the forum so the question lets us work together to fix problems.

Frequent Visitor

Yes X1 comcast box.  Yes hit the A button on the voice command remote.  This box was new as of 2 months ago.  Netflix was working not surprisingly up until the day the fiber cable got cut and had nationwide problems for Comcast.  Since that day my Xfinity set top boxes have given the same error message.  It says that I need to upgrade my subscription to xfinity internet which I do have.  The tech who I called at Comcast confirmed that yes I do have Xfinity internet subscription.  They tried to send a reset signal that didn't work.  They then told me that I would get a call regarding this issue in 48-72 hours.   I got that call yesterday afternoon it was a robo call saying that the "problem was fixed".  I went to the same main box and it was still not working.  I hit the A button again and still no option for Netflix reset.  So I tried system refresh and system restart.  Both still did not work.  So in conclusion still waiting on someone from Comcast to solve this issue.  Maybe it is as simple as needing a new stb.  Thanks and I hope this explains all steps taken.

Expert

Frequent Visitor

looks like they fixed it.  I can access netflix again. Also when I hit the A button the reset netflix option is now available to me again.  

New Poster

Now I am having the issues you described. I’ve gone through all of the suggested fixes—restarting and resetting the x1 box, restarting and reloading the Netflix app, etc.—with no success. Netflix generates the error message on the tv connected to the main x1 box, but plays fine on the tv connected to the satellite box. Comcast has been doing a lot of work in the area, and we just had several outages here within the last few days.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem and "Reset Netflix" did not work.  One of two things happens:  either I get the message about the system having trouble playing this selection right now, try later or the picture locks up completely and I have to manually press the power off button on the X1 box. (or I get the message and lock-up together).  My Android TV can play Netflix selections through the Internet connection without any problems.  This problem is all down to Comcast.

New Poster

Still have this issue with Netflix. Comcast reported more outages in “my area” yesterday (internet, tv, and voice), although none of my services seemed to be affected. When I looked at the outage map, the problems seemed to centered about two zip codes away but my home location was the only one in my immediate neighborhood highlighted as having issues.

Expert

@Jiman49 wrote:

Still have this issue with Netflix. Comcast reported more outages in “my area” yesterday (internet, tv, and voice), although none of my services seemed to be affected. When I looked at the outage map, the problems seemed to centered about two zip codes away but my home location was the only one in my immediate neighborhood highlighted as having issues.

press the "A" button on your remote. press 'right' and see if "Reset Netflix" shows up just before Connection Status" menu. 

New Poster

I just spent an hour and 40 minutes on chat, rebooting and resetting, and the guy finally told me "I don't know why it doesn't work".  I either get the tvq_pm_100 (5.2.4) message (almost always within 60 seconds, usually a lot loss) or the Xfinity box completely locks up when running the Netflix app.

New Poster

I’ve already rest Netflix by navigating through the xfinity settings and help menu. Would your way be any different in the end?

New Poster

tvq-pm-100 (5.2.4) issue is occurring, according to netflix on the dvr box with xfinity.  I have had this for the past 3 days.  Netflix admitted to me that they are working on it, but offered no schedule or compensation.

Frequent Visitor

having same problem trying to play netflix, play a few then We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title. Good to see not just me having the problem.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Contributor

Same probelm here in Portland Oregon, started about a week ago.  The issue can occurr immediately, or you might be able to watch about 5 seconds of a Netlfix show. Then, one of the following occurs:

• "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title"
  • Locks up X1 box for about a minute, then the X1 box reboots.

Tried the Netlifx reset option, no help.

Accessing Netflix through Roku, everything WORKS FINE.

Looks like a Comcast issue.  Reminds me of the time when the YouTube app didn't work, took them weeks to fix it.

Also, after 1.5 years, I still have this problem HERE

New Poster

4 days now for me

Official Employee

Hello all. We apologize for any inconvenience. We currently are experiencing a known issue with the Netflix App on X1 affecting some customers: "X1 devices getting a static/stuck screen using Netflix upon exiting the application and/or buffering/freezing on playback". We have our video engineers involved, and a permanent solution is in the works. In some cases, a temporary work-around is to power cycle your X1 box. 

We thank you for you patience while we work on this issue. 

New Poster

That is NOT a solution.  This occurs on multiple titles (every one I've tried) after a few seconds.

New Poster

Any updates to this?  I have 4 boxes total in my house. The 2 that are DVR's are having this issue. The 2 that are not DVR's work fine. Been an issue for a week or so.

Valued Contributor

@ComcastJoeTru wrote:

Hello all. We apologize for any inconvenience. We currently are experiencing a known issue with the Netflix App on X1 affecting some customers: "X1 devices getting a static/stuck screen using Netflix upon exiting the application and/or buffering/freezing on playback". We have our video engineers involved, and a permanent solution is in the works. In some cases, a temporary work-around is to power cycle your X1 box. 

We thank you for you patience while we work on this issue. 

I have seen the Issue twice with a message stating "Netflix Plugin". You are correct a temporary solution is to reboot X1. I wonder if it's related to a new plugin they might be using from the UI revamp launched july 18, 2018?