Community Forum

Netflix App on my X1 defaults to another user.

Highlighted
New Poster

Netflix App on my X1 defaults to another user.

I have X1 service and my own netflix account. I watch Netflix using my own account through the X1 Netflix Apps.  Last week when I had a whole system refresh, when I go to Netflix Apps it automatically login with another user account (I don't know who she is but I can see her netflix registered email address and profiles).  I acn watch netflix with her account but I want to use my own account.  Comcast tried resetting the box, I reloaded the app and as soon as it comes up, it uses her account.  I can force logout the account from the X1 DVR box (Arris AX103ANM) and login with my netflix account.  But as soon as I logout, it switches to her account.  Second problem is from the small companion tv boxes I use in other TVs, I cannot login to Netflix with my account.  It piggybacks to the main DVR box and it thinks her account is the main account.

I called Netflix and they said comcast need to deregister that box from her name.  Comcast confirmed she is a comcast subscriber.  But they don't know how to deregister the box.

Anybody have any idea?  Short of replacing the box and reprogramming all my DVR schedules 😞

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netflix App on my X1 defaults to another user.

@JoeySV wrote:

I have X1 service and my own netflix account. I watch Netflix using my own account through the X1 Netflix Apps.  Last week when I had a whole system refresh, when I go to Netflix Apps it automatically login with another user account (I don't know who she is but I can see her netflix registered email address and profiles).  I acn watch netflix with her account but I want to use my own account.  Comcast tried resetting the box, I reloaded the app and as soon as it comes up, it uses her account.  I can force logout the account from the X1 DVR box (Arris AX103ANM) and login with my netflix account.  But as soon as I logout, it switches to her account.  Second problem is from the small companion tv boxes I use in other TVs, I cannot login to Netflix with my account.  It piggybacks to the main DVR box and it thinks her account is the main account.

I called Netflix and they said comcast need to deregister that box from her name.  Comcast confirmed she is a comcast subscriber.  But they don't know how to deregister the box.

Anybody have any idea?  Short of replacing the box and reprogramming all my DVR schedules 😞

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

are you in an apartment/condo etc? the DVR schedules are stored in the cloud so new box will see the regular schedule.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

No.  It's a single family home.

I wish I could factory reset the box...not sure if that would fix it though.

Highlighted
Expert

@JoeySV wrote:

No.  It's a single family home.

I wish I could factory reset the box...not sure if that would fix it though.

call during daytime east coast time 800-comcast and select billing. explain the problem to the agent and ask them to remove and reprovision your account then add the device back to your account. fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I just got off with the customer service folks. They will try a full reset of my account at 2 am today.  Will take approximately an hour and then I can check.  They also scheduled a tech visit (although its restricted due to covid-19) between 1 to 3 pm later today.  If the full reset works, then I can just cancel the appointment.  I will post the results here.