Community Forum

Need help with pairing X15 remote with Bose sound system?

baileynbeen
Regular Contributor

Need help with pairing X15 remote with Bose sound system?

Have a new X15 remote & want to pair it to our Bose Solo Sound System. Tried the on-screen remote setup route but it seems to only allow for tv pairing & Bose isn't listed as an option. On Comcast's website, xfinity.com/support/remotes, Bose audio equipment is an option for the X15 but, the instructions/codes for Bose say to press SETUP button, wait for light to turn green, etc etc. There is no SETUP button on the X15. Am I missing something (other than a SETUP buttonπŸ˜‰)? Thanks!

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Need help with pairing X15 remote with Bose sound system?

Press Xfinity and Mute

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
baileynbeen
Regular Contributor

That works. Thank you!

ScottRehoboth
New Poster

That did not work, is there something else we could try?

SemperAdv
New Poster

Just got this working. Press Xfinity and remote to enter pairing mode. Get your codes from https://codesforuniversalremotes.com/comcast-cable-audio-remote-control-codes-home-theater-and-sound...
stephanietwest
New Poster

How did you get the Bose sound system to turn off?  Maybe you are using a soundbar but my  Bose V35 receiver gives me a display when I select power off that I call the "screen of death" - where I have to double turn things off (choices are: Cable, DVD, Finishing turning off, Turn system back on).  The challenge is that the Xfinity remote won't control the options on this screen so I can't select "Finish turning it off."

I did get the Bose remote to pair with Xfinity so I can control the set-top box with the Bose remote.  My PREFERENCE, however, would be to use the Xfinity remote because of the detection capability.  I have been able to set up the Xfinity remote to control the Bose, with the exception that when I try to turn off everything by selecting power, I get the Bose "screen of death"  Is there any way to circumvent this - that is, to tell Bose to turn everything off when Power is pressed rather than ask me to confirm what goes off? 

ComcastChe
Official Employee

Hi @stephanietwest, and thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum to get help with your Bose device. We appreciate you for sharing the steps that you have tried to fix this. I know that you would prefer to use the Xfinity Remote instead. I wanted to know if you've tried to search the Bose website for support? While researching this for you, I found this page and wanted to know if this is the process that you tried? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Kilkm57
New Poster

Press infinity and mute for 5 sec till light turns green then enter the code for your audio receiver or sound bar. Worked for my Bose sound bar 1st try.