Community Forum

NBC HD channel on Xfinity

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

NBC HD channel on Xfinity

My NBC HD channel here in Atlanta is not working correctly. I get intermittent sound and the picture continues to pixalate. This is also happening on Channel 743. It is only happening on these 2 channels which are NBC.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: NBC HD channel on Xfinity

@ron777sher wrote:

My NBC HD channel here in Atlanta is not working correctly. I get intermittent sound and the picture continues to pixalate. This is also happening on Channel 743. It is only happening on these 2 channels which are NBC.

do you have more than one outlet/TV connected? if so are they all getting that same problem?  What you describe is called pixellation due to low signal and/or high noise level on the coax line on some channels. A tech visit will verify the signal is 'good' outside your home.  do you know your wiring set up (splitters amps etc?)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes it was happening on 3 different TV's but now it seems to be working. 

the 3 tv's are coming off of a splitter.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I forgot to mention that I called support and they ran some tests and told me they couldn't send a tech but they were working on the problem. It cleared up so maybe they found something. If it reoccures I will check or replace the splitter.