Community Forum

My X1 set top box keeps rebooting nearly every time I turn on the TV.

Highlighted
New Poster

My X1 set top box keeps rebooting nearly every time I turn on the TV.

Nearly every time I tunr on my TV, the X1 turns on and starts to boot up. I see the "Welcome" screen everytime, and wait a couple of minutes for the programming to come on the TV. I checked through the app, and it says no problem. I have unplugged the set top box for 30 seconds, and I have checked all connections.

Please advise.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: My X1 set top box keeps rebooting nearly every time I turn on the TV.

@MacOlsen wrote:

Nearly every time I tunr on my TV, the X1 turns on and starts to boot up. I see the "Welcome" screen everytime, and wait a couple of minutes for the programming to come on the TV. I checked through the app, and it says no problem. I have unplugged the set top box for 30 seconds, and I have checked all connections.

Please advise.

Leave the set top box on all the time and only shut your TV off.  Plug it in and give it 10 minutes or so. Good luck!

Highlighted
Expert

@MacOlsen wrote:

Please advise.

on your set top box turn off CEC (HDMI control). that way box won't go into sleep mode when you turn off the HDMI connected TV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Let us know if you continue to have trouble with this, MacOlsen! We are here to help and we know how frustrating it is to deal with something like this. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!