Community Forum

Multiple recordings

vett1
Frequent Visitor

Multiple recordings

What is with xfinity or who ever is in charge os tv listings. I want to record a show and I pick new only and the next thing I see is around 15 of these shows scheduled to record listed as new but they are not they are repeats, why are they listing repeats as new! If I don't check scheduled recordings I would have many many repeats recorded 

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Multiple recordings

@vett1 wrote:

What is with xfinity or who ever is in charge os tv listings. I want to record a show and I pick new only and the next thing I see is around 15 of these shows scheduled to record listed as new but they are not they are repeats, why are they listing repeats as new! If I don't check scheduled recordings I would have many many repeats recorded 

is this a series that is still getting new episodes or one that is in syndication?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

@vett1 wrote:

The channel provider (ABC, etc) is responsible for marking a program as either new or repeat or nothing in some cases; Xfinity has no control over it.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
vett1
Frequent Visitor

Still new shows

Rustyben
Expert

@vett1 wrote:

Still new shows

are the recordings on different channels? (new + syndication to other networks)

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!