Community Forum

Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

I know how to mark shows as unwatched but within the past month or so the shows no longer stay “unwatched”.   Today I noticed that if I mark a show unwatched on one tv the other tv still shows it as watched.  I have gone to both TVs and have marked the shows as unwatched.  I hope it works because I have refreshed the boxes and have done a system reset.  Both of those options haven’t worked.  It’s not just one channel this is happening on.  Any other options to try?  Other people in the household are confused about where they are in a series but I’ve watched ahead of them.

New Poster

Re: Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

Having the same issue. Shows get reset from unwatched to watched after the TV box reboots. The TV box reboots every night. This problem is very annoying. Please fix.
New Poster

Any answers for this problem-Happening to me recently as well

New Poster

I'll add my name to the list of people having this problem. Any updates?

New Poster

Also happening to me.  Please fix!

New Poster

also happening here...must be an issue with a software update

Silver Problem Solver

Any chance another member of the household is changing the status of the recording?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

Any chance another member of the household is changing the status of the recording?

Not in my case.

Frequent Visitor

Hoping an Official Employee can weigh in on this, please.  

This is a definite issue that happens on some not all shows. 

Contributor

Also happening to me, I live alone. Also 7 0f my 15 saved DVR recorded movies dissapeared Fri. 10 18. Whats going on ?

Frequent Visitor

DVR automatically removes shows after certain number of days--I think 90 days. Were they recently recorded?

Contributor

I did not know the DVR removes them after XX days. Is this documented somewhere? I can't remember when the deleated shows were recorded or even the title of most. DUH! 

One of them I do know, Zero Dark 30 recored at least 90 days ago. Guess I'm outta luck but will research this further so it won't happen again.

Thanks

New Poster

I am having the same problem, but the blue unwatched banner never goes out. Does not take overnight.  Just got off the phone with xfinity support. They had me try a system refresh, but that failed to address it.

New Poster

If you go through and marked a bunched as unwatched and then do a system rebot it will go back to watched again.  I called xfinity a few days ago but they did not have any complaints about it at the time so they sent it in to the tech department.  I think if enough people call and complain it will help to expedite a solition.

New Poster

Same issue in my house. So annoying!
Frequent Visitor

This problem persists - adding a piece of info in case an Official Employee takes a look at this thread - the last few days, I have had to select "Mark Unwatched" five times before it becomes marked unwatched i.e. the show remains marked "Watched" and "Mark Unwatched" remains an option until the fifth time I select "Mark Unwatched," then the show is finally marked "Unwatched."  Of course, after the nightly sync, the show still goes back to being marked "Watched." 

New Poster

I have been having the exact same issue for the past 4 weeks.
Regular Contributor

Having the same issue 

New Poster

SAME ISSUE......WHAT SHOULD WE DO??

Silver Problem Solver

@budd888 wrote:

SAME ISSUE......WHAT SHOULD WE DO??

Is this with Chrome?  It has an issue with the latest release that Comcast is aware of.

I'm using Edge in the meantime.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

Mine is with the X1 box not sure about Chrome 

Contributor

Not chrome for me but FireFox - Arris box with Clock

New Poster

@oregonducks444 wrote:

Mine is with the X1 box not sure about Chrome 

Mine is also with the X1 box.

New Poster

I'm also having this problem. Xfinity please fix this.

New Poster

Neglected to say this is with an X1 box.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here - have a x1 Dvr box , plus 2 more arris boxes. All 3 boxes show marked watched after reboots. Can you please fix this bug.
Contributor

Has anyone contacted Comcast about this problem?
Contributor

There’re obviously not responding to the forum so everyone should call tech support to let them know what’s happening. .
Frequent Visitor

Yes, please contact tech support, and report back with any solutions.  And yes, I would think the more calls the better. 

This forum is community-based, and we can't *expect* an answer from Comcast, but they monitor it, so if enough people make the issue known, it will hopefully get attention.  

So, both avenues should be pursued.

Hopefully Comcast will identify and fix. 

New Poster

Comcast:  Please fix this.

Frustrated in PA

Contributor

Okay. I chatted with an agent about this problem and was told that Comcast support is aware of it and they are working on it. The agent also issued a $20.00 credit to my account for my troubles with this issue. You all my want to contact them and complain and maybe you’ll receive an account credit too.
New Poster

Having the same problem for weeks now.  Comcast, please fix this.

Frequent Visitor

I have an opposite but seemingly related problem. Multiple movies that I mark as watched will lose the "WATCHED" tag at some point. I have noticed this for quite some time now. At first I thought it was just me but I no longer think that.

This does not happen with all movies, and there is no pattern that I can identify as to when or to which movies it happens. Generally, I notice it when I am checking the channel info on the guide to see which movies are upcoming that I may not have seen. I will check a movie that I KNOW I have marked as watched and it will no longer be marked as such.

This is happening on my Xfinity equipment, and there is no one else with access to the account.

I like this feature to help me keep track of which movies I have seen, but only if it is working properly. Otherwise, I am duplicating efforts marking movies that I have previously marked.

Frequent Visitor

Hoping Comcast can fix this, or at least an Official Comcast Employee acknowledge the issue on this forum.  

Contributor

A Comcast acknowledgement of the issue is way past due. Been going on to long and nothing done.  Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

Maybe they should just eliminate the feature.
New Poster

I'm havring the same issue and  hope it gets fixed soon. I've reset the box, unplugged everything and restarted and nothing seems to work. Please fix! 

Frequent Visitor

I’m still having this problem.  It appears that my boxes don’t talk to each other as well.  When I mark a show as unwatched on one tv and then look on the second tv it still shows watched.  Of course in the long run (less then 24 hours) they all go back as watched.  I don’t have chrome as one person asked.  It’s my x1 box.  I’ve called customer support and they haven’t been able to resolve the issue either. They have tried syncing both boxes and of course have had me do a system reboot and refresh both boxes.  These four things haven’t fixed it yet.  

Contributor

Okay so this problem, as far as I know, has been ongoing since the beginning of September. And a lot of people have been complaining. HEY COMCAST!! Don’t you think it’s time to do something about it. You need to start giving out account credits to everyone until your techs <Edited> fix it. It would also be nice if one of your reps would chime in to this conversation with some input. Just saying.

Silver Problem Solver

@123mike wrote:
Okay so this problem, as far as I know, has been ongoing since the beginning of September. And a lot of people have been complaining. HEY COMCAST!! Don’t you think it’s time to do something about it. You need to start giving out account credits to everyone until your techs <Edited> fix it. It would also be nice if one of your reps would chime in to this conversation with some input. Just saying.

I'm beginning to wonder if it is a regional issue because I have never had this issue in the Houston Market; what is your market?

Frequent Visitor

Not just a regional issue.  Happening to me, and a family member 1500 miles away.  Also acknowledged by a phone rep per a previous post.  Also not user error, or unfamiliarity with settings, or other household members changing watched status, or any other explanation other than an issue happening on many (but obviously not all) X1 boxes to some (but not all) recordings.  Would be super duper if an Official Comcast Employee acknowledged this issue on this thread.  

Regular Contributor

@BobandFrank wrote:

DVR automatically removes shows after certain number of days--I think 90 days. Were they recently recorded?

That's not right at all.  I've had some recordings on my DVR for over 2 years now.

Contributor

I too have 3 recordings on my DVR for 2 years now. It would show us CC is a quality company if an Official Comcast Employee acknowledged this issue on this thread. But then, why would they admit there's a problem by regional or nationally ? Awsome ? Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

I was on the phone for 90 minutes last night talking to advanced technical  support.  This afternoon advanced technical support called me out of the blue.  I’m not sure what the purpose of today’s call was.  It was a waste of 38 minutes. They tried to convince me that...

1. If you mark a show as unwatched at 3 pm but at 8 pm it airs on TV it will automatically show as watched.  

When I debunked that scenario because I’m watching old shows that no longer play on TV he told me....

2.  You can’t unwatched a season of shows until the new season starts.

i explained I can’t “unwatched” season four of a series when there are eight seasons out.  He repeatedly told me it was because season nine isn’t out.

This was advanced technical support calling me.  They didn’t try any troubleshooting on my equipment just tried to convince me I was wrong.  I told him multiple times this issue is happening to many people and talked about this forum.  His supervisor finally came on the phone.  He read this post and they are sending someone to my house tomorrow.  I’ll post an update if he can resolve this.

Frequent Visitor

Wow Kate.  This also happens with movies, further debunking the rep's claim, as you well know.  Would be shocked if a rep's visit uncovers the issue - has to be in the code for the X1 or the server handshake.  Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Contributor

Thanks Kate408. Sure will be nice if this gets resolved in my lifetime.
Frequent Visitor

Do you think this problem is because I have my own router/modem?  I may have purchased and setup my own equipment around the same time this problem started.  

Frequent Visitor

Having your own router is most definitely not the problem, as I do not.  Plus that's not something the router would ever have any effect on.  

Frequent Visitor

router/modem is unrelated to tv service. Bad heating equipment is more likely to be the reason Smiley Happy Dont tell me that comcast guy now says it is your modem and router
Contributor

Hi again. Look I have been a Comcast customer on and off since they started (can’t remember the year but it’s been like forever) and this is the first time I have experienced this problem.
The movies I watch on demand are all random, so to say it has something to do with a “show’s series” issue is just not true.
Something or someone updated the program software back a few months ago and created this problem.
As far as a regional or national issue goes I live in the northeast so it looks like a national problem to me. Just saying.