Community Forum

Loud Humming Noise from DVR

WoodsonD
New Poster

Loud Humming Noise from DVR

Today I noticed that two of my DVR's have developed a loud humming noise. I've restarted both and no change. I unplugged both and waiting about five minutes before plugging in again, still have the humming. Both DVR's have been silent since installed a few years ago and problem free. Should they be replaced before they fail or did they recently purform a firmware update to cause this?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Loud Humming Noise from DVR

@WoodsonD wrote:

Today I noticed that two of my DVR's have developed a loud humming noise. I've restarted both and no change. I unplugged both and waiting about five minutes before plugging in again, still have the humming. Both DVR's have been silent since installed a few years ago and problem free. Should they be replaced before they fail or did they recently purform a firmware update to cause this?

no just age does it (bad bearings on the hard drive or a cooling fan). swap them at your local store (they do want the old power supply cord/brick). keep the old remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
WoodsonD
New Poster

Thanks and will try to get contactless service, hopefully they can send replacemnt units and I can return ship the old ones.

Rustyben
Expert

@WoodsonD wrote:

Thanks and will try to get contactless service, hopefully they can send replacemnt units and I can return ship the old ones.

tell them you want a 4k DVR it has a solid state drive (no moving parts). no light and HDMI is only digital output.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!