Community Forum

Lost DVR recordings

Highlighted
New Poster

Lost DVR recordings

our DVD recently deleted all my sons programs. he is autistic and enjoys those shows. we had plenty of space. we tried undelete but they no longer exist. it has only been 48 hours
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Lost DVR recordings

I just lost recordings as well. The DVR was less than 40% full, but I lost all my oldest recordings.

They were NOT set up to delete after 1 year. Many of them were 2+ years old, and like I said, storage was not the issue. Even tried restarting the box, but it was no use.

Looks like this is an ongoing issue that xfinity has, but has no plans or commitment to resolve. I’ve seen other message boards going back over a year ago. Possibly more out there.
Highlighted
Expert

@swimfree1023 wrote:
I just lost recordings as well. The DVR was less than 40% full, but I lost all my oldest recordings.

They were NOT set up to delete after 1 year. Many of them were 2+ years old, and like I said, storage was not the issue. Even tried restarting the box, but it was no use.

Looks like this is an ongoing issue that xfinity has, but has no plans or commitment to resolve. I’ve seen other message boards going back over a year ago. Possibly more out there.

Go to your DVR connected TV and play a recording that is at least a month older than when you noticed the problem. when it starts press the OK button on the remote. on the bottom left do you see "DVR" or a white cloud icon and 'DVR'? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

i see the white cloud icon and DVR

Highlighted
Expert

@swimfree1023 wrote:

i see the white cloud icon and DVR

is that the set top box that is your DVR? do you have more than one set top box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @swimfree1023

I know how frustrating this can be. I wanted to follow up to see if you're still missing recordings? If so, I'd like to help by investigating. Please send me a private message with your full name, as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastChe, then click Send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.