Community Forum

Loses sound through optical output

Highlighted
New Poster

Loses sound through optical output

We use a bluetooth hearing aid adaptor on the optical output. It drops out the audio several times a day. It dropped out each time we got an alert for the wildfires yesterday too. We have tried two different systems on the optical output. I have switched the optical cable too. When it drops out, the adaptor switches inputs and won't recognize the X1 box until it is restarted. It worked OK for a while after it was installed and steadily got worse over the last few months. . 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Loses sound through optical output

@rvelec wrote:

We use a bluetooth hearing aid adaptor on the optical output. It drops out the audio several times a day. It dropped out each time we got an alert for the wildfires yesterday too. We have tried two different systems on the optical output. I have switched the optical cable too. When it drops out, the adaptor switches inputs and won't recognize the X1 box until it is restarted. It worked OK for a while after it was installed and steadily got worse over the last few months. . 

does your hearing aid itself have a bluetooth volume control that is can it take a fixed audio and let you adjust the volume with the aid itself or a smart device? if so, you might want to get a blue tooth enabled set top box and not have the need of the adapter.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!