Community Forum

Live TV DVR during On Demand viewing

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Live TV DVR during On Demand viewing

Perhaps I’m losing my mind and I’m misremembering, but I swear I used to be able to watch my saved shows or watch an on demand program and come back to Live TV that has been recorded or buffered so that I could restart the current show on or rewind to a previous show, but I noticed this is no longer the case on my box a couple months ago. What’s the deal with this? Is it a removed feature or is something wrong with my box? It was just nice to be watching something on demand, come back to my previous Live TV channel and restart a show that was already in progress.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Live TV DVR during On Demand viewing

@Ctowndrama wrote:
Perhaps I’m losing my mind and I’m misremembering, but I swear I used to be able to watch my saved shows or watch an on demand program and come back to Live TV that has been recorded or buffered so that I could restart the current show on or rewind to a previous show, but I noticed this is no longer the case on my box a couple months ago. What’s the deal with this? Is it a removed feature or is something wrong with my box? It was just nice to be watching something on demand, come back to my previous Live TV channel and restart a show that was already in progress.

can you pause live TV? (a test). on all my DVRs you can watch a local recording and when you hit stop the buffer is there for the recorded channel. are you watching on DVR or a companion? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!