HERETICPRIME's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 14th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

Lack of Streaming Services

If Xfinity is going to position itself to be "direct competitors" with so many streaming services that it will not suppot, then how do you suppose you will survive in the future communications/entertainment war.

Microsoft read this with with their eyes closed 15 years ago.  Streaming is the future, and without it, Xfinity is dead.

I want to be able to stream CBS Online, Hulu, DC Online, Disney+, Crackle/Sony, and whatever else comes out!  If Xfinity can't, then I want the next best guy that can.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

With its own streaming service next year
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/comcasts-peacock-becomes-latest-entrant-in-streaming-scramble-11568725206
Have you tried accessing any of your list above through the Amazon Prime app (with a subscription)on the X1 boxes?

Expert

• 

192 Messages

4 years ago

@HERETICPRIME wrote:

I want to be able to stream CBS Online, Hulu, DC Online, Disney+, Crackle/Sony, and whatever else comes out!  If Xfinity can't, then I want the next best guy that can.

@HERETICPRIME 

Please let us know who that "next best guy is". I dont think I know of any one television service provider that offers everything you want. If you do, can you please share who that is?

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

If you buy a new 'smart' TV, odds are pretty good that any popular service is going to have a native app for the TV even if it isn't on the xfinity box.   I would have expected Apple to be the last holdout in cross platform access, but  now their app is on some TVs, rokus and Amazon fire devices.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here