Community Forum

Keep losing 30 second skip

New Poster

Keep losing 30 second skip

I know this has been asked before and Comcast closes the topic as "answered". The fix is to restart the box. This is an unacceptable answer! I know they can fix it and they need to do so. We have lost the 30 second skip 3 times in the past week. It takes so long to restart the box that we lose portions of programs that are being recorded. Do not give us a feature and then randomly remove it! Please get this fixed ASAP! Before Xfinity I had Dish and their 30 second skip worked perfectly, I might have to go back!

Expert

Re: Keep losing 30 second skip

@Rjhdakota wrote:

I know this has been asked before and Comcast closes the topic as "answered". The fix is to restart the box. This is an unacceptable answer! I know they can fix it and they need to do so. We have lost the 30 second skip 3 times in the past week. It takes so long to restart the box that we lose portions of programs that are being recorded. Do not give us a feature and then randomly remove it! Please get this fixed ASAP! Before Xfinity I had Dish and their 30 second skip worked perfectly, I might have to go back!

comcast has never acknowledged this 'feature' that seems to only happen anytime (mostly at random) when a new firmware version is installed. It appears that the first reboot 'sometimes' doesn't load the remote's profile so the RF connection is not available until the reboot when the profile/configuration file successfully loads. has been an issue over 2 years now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!