Community Forum

Is the reason smart resume is not a one button click to skip commercials due to patent workaround?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is the reason smart resume is not a one button click to skip commercials due to patent workaround?

On my tivo I can click one button to skip commercials.  On X1 I have to click fast forward five times and wait for smart resume to stop.  This is inferior in two ways:

1) Takes longer to fast forward vs skip

2) Requires 5 button clicks vs 1 click on Tivo

Is the reason we cannot get one button skip due to patent issues now and is this simply a workaround?  If it is a patent issue how much time remains on the patent from Tivo where we might see this feature?

I might suggest Comcast just buys Tivo for their patent portfolio so they can implement all the features they have been omitting due to patents.  I noticed I cannot set season passes on the Xfinity app online also a patent issue I'm told.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Is the reason smart resume is not a one button click to skip commercials due to patent workar...

marcNJ, this is a pretty good idea! Thanks for your feedback! I'll send this to my leadership!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!