Community Forum

Is the Motorola RNG200N a 4k box?

Highlighted
New Poster

Is the Motorola RNG200N a 4k box?

I've been having problems with my 4k DVR box and the chat associate said he'd send out a replacement box. The box I have now that isn't working right is a 4k DVR box. The replacement box I just received is a Motorola RNG400N. Before I go hooking this up, I want to make sure it's a comparable box to what I'm replacing and paying for - especially since it doesn't look anything like what I already own. Can anyone enlighten me - is this Motorola RNG200N a 4k DVR box? Thanks!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Is the Motorola RNG200N a 4k box?

It’s not a 4K box, it’s not even an X1 box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was replacing my broken 4k box and I was sent one of these as well.  I contacted support to get the correct box and I was sent another one of them and an actual replacement for the 4k box.  I don't understand why they are sending out those old monstrosities.  I even asked the first time to make sure I was getting a 4k replacement box.  I would call support and ask for the correct box.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Is the RNG200 listed in your Devices?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!