Community Forum

If you add HD to your X1 service will the slave box also be capable of displaying HD broadcasts?

Demetri
Frequent Visitor

If you add HD to your X1 service will the slave box also be capable of displaying HD broadcasts?

When I added HD service to my X1 box today the Xfinity person advised my slave box would also be capable of showing HD broadcast channels.  The service was added successfully to my main X1  box

but when I tied the slave box TV it would not display full screen HDTV only a smaller rectangular pictue filling about 75% of the screen.

Thanks for your help

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: If you add HD to your X1 service will the slave box also be capable of displaying HD broadcasts?

Are you on an HD channel and since you didn’t have HD before are you using HDMI cords?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Demetri
Frequent Visitor

Re: If you add HD to your X1 service will the slave box also be capable of displaying HD broadcasts?

Thank you for your reply.........yes the slave box is connected to the  TV hdmi input

Demetri
Frequent Visitor

Andrew I just noticed the channel lineup in the guide with the slave unit does not display any HD tier (800-900) except for 834 and thats displayed in in about a 75% size framed in a black bacground.