Community Forum

Help pairing remote to soundbar

Frequent Visitor

Help pairing remote to soundbar

I recently bought a Sceptre tv. Love the tv, hate the speakers. I purchased a Sceptre sound bar. It sounds great, but I can’t pair it to the Comcast remote, xr11. Sceptre does not show up as a model to choose from. I called Comcast, they said call Sceptre. Sceptre said to call Comcast. My husband refuses to have to use two remotes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Official Employee

Re: Help pairing remote to soundbar

Press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green, press 992 and channel up until the sound bar turns off, if/when it does press and hold setup to lock the code it. Use all power to test.

Not all sound bars are compatible.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This worked perfectly with my Yamaha sound bar.
New Poster

no help yet

Official Employee

For help add some details about what you need help with

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you! It worked for me. Appreciate the help!
New Poster

The soundbar I have worked with the tip above when I hit 992 and channel up until it turned off, but my xfinity remote still doesn’t control the volume. Any further tips?
Official Employee

If you’ve cycled through all of the possibilities, it’s possible that your sound bar isn’t fully compatible, not all are

Silver Problem Solver

@Caitlin0712 wrote:
The soundbar I have worked with the tip above when I hit 992 and channel up until it turned off, but my xfinity remote still doesn’t control the volume. Any further tips?

Did you try this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!