lmurray's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

HDMI ports are not active

Our cable box has been reset several times.  When we hit the INpu options, The TV port works but now the HDMI ports are not active. I have tried all four ports and have tried a different HDMI cable. All have been working fine for the past year. We pay for HD and are not able to access. Cannot get any live person on a phone!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

So it’s your tv’s hdmi ports that aren’t working? Have you tried a different device with an HDMI cord? If it’s your tv, I’m not sure how Comcast can help.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Plugged in my laptop. I have 4 HDMI ports on the L G TV. The first 3 main ports do not work with the computer or the Xfinity1 box, but the 4th TV port does work with the computer. However, when I hook the 4th port up to the xfinity box it does not work . I used the same cable cord for both.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Again, if your hdmi ports aren’t working and you’ve proved with a different component, it’s a tv issue not a Comcast issue. It’s an electronic, doesn’t take much to blow an hdmi port or 3

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I appreciate your responses and Ok, maybe the 3 main ports are a problem in the tv but why does the 4th port work with my computer but not with the cable box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

Maybe you should check your TV"s documentation , reset it to factory defaults , then run the intitial setup once more? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your response! I was looking into your solution but today the TV  clicked, the picture just dissappeared and the TV went off on its own. When turned back on there is no picture. Sounds like some repair or replacement is needed. Appreicate your trying to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here